I have two winter wails.

evergrand

I have two winter wails. I have beaten the demon wolf and had the trader burn it's heart. I have all the necessary reputation to do the Path Of The Deer quest but the only option I'm getting is he's meditating. I'm pretty sure this is a programming issue but I don't know if I'm missing anything.

VDX_360

Staff member
Winter Wails: If you killed the dragon prior to the last major update, you could kill it a second time after the update. Some people simply sold the sword as it served no quest purpose prior to the update. To address that issue, he dragon and the Winter Wail drop was reactivated for players that had already beaten it.

Meditation: What's your reputation? And is he just not responding, or are you getting dialogue options (sore back, snake, deer?).

evergrand

I have a reputation of 39. The swords are unsellable. I get the dialogue options of (sore back,snake in the boot, can you hear me chief, it's started raining ECT.) And at the end I stand with a sore back, I'm hungry, and a days almost past. Also if it helps. I've only destroyed the dragon once. I ran past him to retrieve the sword simply because I knew it was there. I despatched the dragon later in the game. I didn't expect to find a second sword when I went back a second time.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Okay... that sounds like you're either failing the trait checks, or selecting the incorrect dialogue option.
Sore BacK -> Pass END 3 check to endure it.
Snake on Boot -> Pass PERS 3 check to remove it carefully.
Deer Appears --> Realize it's not a real deer (INT 3 check will make it more obvious but not required).