Ilmara negative reputation

Platform
Android

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I just noticed failing to complete a Townhall Quest in Ilmara doesn't reduce reputation. In Varsilia, the failure's penalty is -1 reputation, and in Mercia it's -2. Is this a bug or was the game intended this way?

I'm trying to become a Bandit (reputation -20) in Ilmara. Is it possible? If failing Townhall Quests has no penalty, the only way I know to get a negative reputation adjustment in Ilmara is by completing the quest The Collectionist without destroying the shadow. But it only lowers rep by 10. How do we get to -20?

Please help me. I really want Ilmarans to hate me.

VDX_360

Staff member
IImara is more forgiving than non-believers. That or the Developer was once again drunk on Friguld rum when he added the town to the game. Either is likely.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Damn. Those people just won't stop loving me... I only wanted to be persecuted! Must be my magnetic charm...
Oh well, thanks!

Chuckjirka

Idk if this is necroposting, but if you want negative Ilmara rep, there is always slave hunting...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Idk if this is necroposting, but if you want negative Ilmara rep, there is always slave hunting...

Well there is no Necromancer class in EK, so we have to raise dead posts instead of corpses. We must work with what we have loll

I believe you're thinking about Varannari reputation. Slave hunting is apparently a sensitive subject among slave trade victims lol. But I don't think it affects reputation in Ilmara. They aren't nice people, they just don't care lolll

Chuckjirka

Mercian town hall quests with varannari druids and hunters reduce varannari rep, but the slave ones do reduce varsilia and ilmara rep. However, it seems there aren't that many mercian town hall quests, so depending on your current ilamara rep, it might not be enough.
Post automatically merged:    

Slave hunting is apparently a sensitive subject among slave trade victims lol.
Wait, does this refer to the npcs in game or real people? I have already somewhat broken the forum rules today by discussing an exploit, sorry if this is also a taboo.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
*Rushing to my phone screaming*
WHAAAAT????
IT DOES???

Oh my Three, is this true?
Ilmara reputation can go down?
I need to test this right away.

If it works, we might finally have a way to become a bad guy everywhere on Varannar!!! I've been to war against Thuram, Varsilia, the Corsair Islands and Mercia. Mercian soldiers are among the toughest opponents I've ever faced in EK. I can't wait to attack Ilmara and see just how powerful they are loll.

My current game already has high rep in Ilmara, so I'll need to start a new character... Maybe an evil priest of Tol?
Post automatically merged:    

@Chuckjirka I was being sarcastic, and yes, I was talking about in-game characters. In fiction, evil can be fun loll! Not in real life.

But talking about real life slavery should never be taboo. To fight against racism and abuse, we need to openly talk about it. I've seen horribly racist people on the internet defend real life slavery, minimize how evil it was, trying to somehow justify it... So we shouldn't keep quiet.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, you can lower your IImara reputation but keep in mind that completing those Town Hall Quests will raise your Mercia reputation. You might have to do some quick math on what order to complete quests to ensure a negative total at the end.

Note, Group Rule #3 prohibits talking about "real world polemic topics such as religion and politics." Let's keep the discussion on the game, not reality.

Thanks.

Chuckjirka

Today I managed to make my cleric an arch-enemy of ilmara. Unfortunately, the Three faction seems to not care at all, so it's probably impossible to ruin your reputation with any guild (except wizard guild, which can be ruined through the Mad wizard quest), so with careful planning, you can probably reach at least slightly negative rep with all but 3 factions (warrior guild, seventh house, the three).

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Sir, you are a true paragon of evil! I admire your dedication to the dark side ;)

I've been trying to piss off Ilmarans yesterday with my level 26 Muud'ari Engineer, Dr. Heigus Solaris. He used to be a good guy. He saved the planet from the horrors, but now he decided to conquer the world and crush pesky humans into servitude under Muud'ari dictatorship... for personal reasons loll. But he already was a beloved hero in all kingdoms, so he's got a lot of work to do loll.

I've managed to lower his reputation from 40+ to 3 in Ilmara by doing evil slaver townhall quests like you said. It works great! -4 rep each time!!! I can already feel the dark side taking over lolll. But suddenly the slaver quests stopped appearing... I was starting to wonder if the game was somehow designed to prevent negative rep in Ilmara. But you give me hope for my evil plans.

Sadly I've already completed the Mad Wizard quest a while ago, so it's no longer possible for my Muud'ari Engineer to conquer Thuram. But Ilmara, Mercia and Varsilia will be mine! *Evil Laughter*