Ilmaran signet ring issue

DaleTilgo2022

I'm playing a new rogue character and I just completed the quest Restoring the Faith. After I got back to New Garand and recruited Hirge I expected her to have the signet ring. Instead she had a ring of death ward. Is there any way I could have screwed up the quest? Is this a bug?

DaleTilgo2022

Doesn't she give it as a reward for the quest?
That's what I'm trying to determine. My inventory was full when I spoke to her to advance the quest but giving her the necklace would have freed up a slot. I don't see how it could have fallen to the ground. There's also the fact that I didn't receive any warning dialogue about having dropped an important item.

Atomos

That wasn't quest sensitive item, so you get no warning for dropping it. If you had free slot after the last conversation in the desert, you'll most likely be sad man :(

DaleTilgo2022

That wasn't quest sensitive item, so you get no warning for dropping it. If you had free slot after the last conversation in the desert, you'll most likely be sad man :(
I wasn't paying close enough attention to say for sure. What saved me was a backup save that I made right before entering the tomb.

I don't know if this would have any bearing but when I originally exited the tomb with the quest necklace the skeletons guarding the exit were overpowering my party so I made a break for it. I ran straight into the Ilmaran encampment. I know the two entry guards attacked the skeletons and I believe Hirge did too. Could that battle interaction have affected the quest interaction that followed? Is anyone in a position to replicate that scenario and post their results?

DaleTilgo2022

When I re ran this quest I used a teleport scroll to leave the dungeon. Before speaking to Hirge I made sure I had six open slots at the end of my inventory. Just prior to the six open slots my last two items were the quest necklace and a poison sack. After advancing the quest with Hirge I discovered that I had an open slot before the poison sack where the quest necklace had been and the signet ring dropped in the first open slot after the poison sack.

That same thing likely happened before forcing the ring to drop on the ground even though I should have technically had an open slot. In this type of scenario if you ensure that you always have two open slots it should mitigate the issue.