Lever stuck in New Garand Sewers

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
This lever gives me riddles. In some playthroughs it behaves as intended: You push it to the right, an echo shrieks through the dungeon, and the bridge closes. In other playthroughs, however, it doesn't work at all. It still lets you push it to the right, but then the message appears that the lever is stuck. The bridge never closes and the passage to the other parts of the sewer is only possible via the other entrances.

I have no idea what triggers the different behavior in different playthroughs. Seems to be totally random. Is anybody else observing this? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything related.

Attachments

• Stuck lever.jpg
    Stuck lever.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,128

Geb

I would guess linked to finding rogue guild. Don't have any characters w/o access so can't check.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't work until you have made your first (forceful) visit to the sewers. The reason is a bit silly: I need the player to come out through the exit close to the dungeon after the main quest events happening there, for the "trigger" to recover your party is placed right outside that exit.

After a respawn of the dungeon it should always work fine.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":x6b5iw5x said:
It doesn't work until you have made your first (forceful) visit to the sewers. The reason is a bit silly: I need the player to come out through the exit close to the dungeon after the main quest events happening there, for the "trigger" to recover your party is placed right outside that exit.

After a respawn of the dungeon it should always work fine.
I entered the sewer through every other entrance there is (including the one with Bafrat, tried peaceful and forceful method) and slept at an in afterwards, but still the lever is stuck.

However, I also tried it again with an older character, for which I also thought it was permanently stuck and who has done all the quests in the sewers. To my surprise it works for him now. So I guess I just didn't try the lever again after my first unsuccessful attempts and it was released through some event afterwards.

I will experiment a bit more with the new character to see what event exactly this is. At least it doesn't seem to be as simple as gaining entrance to the sewer elsewhere and letting it respawn.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just checked the actual scripted dialogue, it becomes activable after you complete the Mysterious Letter quest. No respawn is required.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":25bg0c4w said:
Just checked the actual scripted dialogue, it becomes activable after you complete the Mysterious Letter quest. No respawn is required.
Ahh, that explains a lot. So the reason I got different behavior in different playthroughs is simply because sometimes I explored the sewers before re-entering Magistrate​ Steinz' house, sometimes afterwards. Thanks for clarification. I think this should go into the Wiki...