Guide List of "Missable" Quests / Encounters

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...

Kingmaker

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for this info for a long time now - I don't seem to be able to find anywhere a complete list of quests + encounters that can be missed as you play the game.

E.g., 1.) 'Bullfighting' quest becomes inaccessible if you join the Seventh House before talking to Sergeant Daukar. 2.) 'Honor Among Thieves' quest becomes inaccessible if you'd killed Rolf Ehrar before. 3.) Dorphis Greyrune encounter can't happen after you access the Ark, so you should meet him prior to this point.

What other quests / encounters can be missed similar to the ones above?? Can someone please help?

VDX_360

Staff member
Does the Wiki include a note on each quest's page if it can be missed?

Kingmaker

Does the Wiki include a note on each quest's page if it can be missed?
I'm not sure if the Wiki includes such a note for every single quest that can be missed. E.g., for 'Bullfighting', it just says "Completable" - but this quest can be missed for good.

Also, kindly note that this thread is also about encounters that can be permanently lost.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Awesome idea!
I always somehow finish the game with a few missing quests (according to the "Details" section), and I can never figure out how, why or even which ones.

Primal Forge (find Stridsibum's hammer), Orbs of Galade and The Lost Kingdom (from the minotaurs of the maze) can all be missed if we attack the monsters before they give us their quest. I'm guessing Prodigal Daughter could also be missed if we attack the Undermother too soon? These are obvious choices, though.

VDX_360

Staff member
Define "missable"??? In the example above, you cite Bullfighting as a missable quest. Is that accurate? I don't think it's possible to lock out the quest.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I admit I'm also surprised about Bullfighting. I never missed it. I don't understand why joining the Seventh Hand would block it. Are you sure?

Kingmaker

Define "missable"??? In the example above, you cite Bullfighting as a missable quest. Is that accurate? I don't think it's possible to lock out the quest.
Quests and encounters that can become permanently locked out for the duration of the current game, I call them "missable" (for lack of knowing a better word). In regards to 'Bullfighting', I'll get back to you - I think I'm confused myself, let me do a Story run and check it when time permits.

I admit I'm also surprised about Bullfighting. I never missed it. I don't understand why joining the Seventh Hand would block it. Are you sure?
Sorry bro, let me check and confirm. Btw, thanks a lot for your valuable input.

VDX_360

Staff member
Idea: Use this thread to discuss if a quest is missable.
Than use THIS THREAD as a master list.
That way the discussion doesn't undermine the readability of the list.

Kingmaker

Idea: Use this thread to discuss if a quest is missable.
Than use THIS THREAD as a master list.
That way the discussion doesn't undermine the readability of the list.
Hey, that's awesome!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Totally appreciate the immense contribution. I'll also make my posts here about "missable" quests / encounters that aren't mentioned already either here or in the master list.

Kingmaker

@VDX_360 and @Apocalypse, I'm sorry, scratch what I said before about 'Bullfighting'. Doing a melee rogue run currently, joined Seventh Guild and still could do the quest thereafter. Got confused somehow.