Mage woes

VDX_360

Staff member
Because there's a cool down on the summon skill. So sometimes you need to heal the big guy so he doesn't die on you.

Sometimes Hirge likes to heal things just to heal them. "Cause it's the cleric thing to do.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ice Storm takes a bit to master, but it can be quite effective. It's ability to hit multiple times really racks of the damage.

Using the 6 Hour rest to avoid resetting a dungeon is smart rest management.
Yeah that's the most important part I learned from my Ironman runs, how to save your way out and how to not to waste too much (like taking 6h reset instead of 12h)

You can see same playstile in other videos I made, like getting the wyrmslayer on Ironman as early as possible. A save escape root is the most important thing for Ironman run, doesn't matter if you run back and forth several times, as long as you have a save escape root for emergency you're totally safe. Otherwise you can die

Like here, I went the escape root more than once to be sure I can flee if needed

Last edited:

Lamar

Wow! Awesome input and feedback. Had not really considered using recall to escape.

Can standard, not knock back, hits interrupt casting of mage armor?

Edit:
Also, had not tried clearing part of a dungeon, then leaving and resting for 6 hours and returning without having it reset. Did that this evening and it worked.

Last edited:

Trace Da Cruz

That I know, the stun is what interrupts any casting, be it healing, summoning, and so on.

Just this summer I learned that you can go out of a dungeon and pick up the stuff I forgot and make room in the bag for more loot, but I didn't knew you can rest your eyes at the inn and go back to finish the job... 🥱

By the way, I'm making my cleric a spirit-fire type, by getting the resistances and the spells as well... A mage would be cool but the Flames of Faith looks great...🔥

VDX_360

Staff member
.... I didn't knew you can rest your eyes at the inn and go back to finish the job... 🥱
A 6 Hour Inn won't force a map reset. So you can leave a dungeon, run to an inn, and grab a 6 Hour rest without resetting the dungeon, If and Only If the time limit for a dungeon reset dosen't expire. Some people try to abuse that ability and get surprised everything respawned. Same thing for stepping out of a dungeon to do a quick-save before going after the boss fight.

Trace Da Cruz

Great, actually I wanted the wolf when I started the cleric in hard, but he died a lot, so I dropped it and figured my current build, now I have this new cleric on pc, and that sounds like a plan, I'm already at level 10, and looking for those shards...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
For extra security, gather a 5 people team! (In that order)
1) You
2) Companion
3) Hire a mercenary
4) Summon
5) Get an Ironfriend*! Go save Zenmo in Castle Bluerock, and keep him with your team! (There are a few other Ironfriends you can get, but he's the best. Usham's boyfriend in the orc's lair is lvl 6, but really strong too!)

Best with Hirge so she heals your Ironfriend. Probably awesome with Flames of Faith too, have to try.

*Ironfriends are NPCs who play on Ironman mode. Once they die, it's over lol. So keep them alive as long as possible!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Lol it's impossible to keep them long enough alive, bad idea. Best npc is in SoH, in underlevels. He can't die. Sad that I can't keep him once I get out

Vitas

Great, actually I wanted the wolf when I started the cleric in hard, but he died a lot, so I dropped it and figured my current build, now I have this new cleric on pc, and that sounds like a plan, I'm already at level 10, and looking for those shards...
The trick with the wolf is that you should avoid him being attacked. His damage, if lvl 16, is highest in your team, especially if your cleric is in Cleric guild ( compared with Warrior guild his solo dmg is not so strong). So what I do is push Grissenda's body forward with my cleric's body. This is not easy, but with a little training you can do it. This trick is especially important in boss fights. The boss will see Gris first and attack her. If you want to be even more secure, when Gris is close to the boss and attacking, try to push her very close to boss, because the boss (especially if he is ranged) can switch the target if wolf comes too close.

Need to master The Art of Wolf 😆