Magic barrier

Platform
All

MrJelly

The is a bug that resets the attack of the enemy when he is pushed back. So he can hit you super fast till the magic barrier is broken. This is a big deal cause first of all it's meant to protect the player with the push but it's end up killing you faster.after that cause of this effect you should flee so you don't take huge amounts of dmg, but you take flank dmg and if the enemy is faster there is point to run cause he will hit you like you were still but harder. So If you upgrade it, it's better to not use this ability.

Molokot

I am not sure what is your issue.Surely enemy cant hit you when he is pushed back? Because he needs time to come back? + he gets damage and this spell is doing loads of damage if maxed. Also you can pair it with wand and then you can have double pushback and that is easiest way to clear ark of lathosian. Personaly i never encountered any issues with mage barrier and i am using it a lot.

MrJelly

Why to use a wand when you can have row power??
The issue is that if I fight someone with duel he stack it on me in 2 sec. The problem is the attack, it's like cansel the animation so reset the attack. Try with rank one vs someone with deul and you will see what I mean. I truly feel this ability makes the enemy hit faster

Ares Voss

Okay I have an issue where the enemy do Double Attacks when stunned, it's something I encounter a lot when I play warrior cause sometimes when I Bash the enemy (only works if enemy is ranged) he/she does Double Attacks like two projectiles a sec. Anyone else encountered this??

MrJelly

I just checked it.. What you say it's true. Maybe it's the push that causing this effect as the magic barrier.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I've always had this exact oddity with Mage Barrier. Though to be fair, when the enemy gets to "rebound-attack" you, you're dealt huge damage quickly, but so are they loll. I enjoy seeing my opponent electrocute themselves to death in a super fast flurry of bouncing attacks lollll.

I've noticed it happens only when the creature bounces back between the mage barrier and a wall, a rock or something like that. In the blink of an eye, they can deal 5 or 6 attacks, until either the barrier goes down or someone dies.

It's a surprisingly violent exploit to master. Trap your opponent in a corner, and boom! Instantaneous 240 shock damage!!! If you survive, of course lolll
Post automatically merged:    

Okay I have an issue where the enemy do Double Attacks when stunned, it's something I encounter a lot when I play warrior cause sometimes when I Bash the enemy (only works if enemy is ranged) he/she does Double Attacks like two projectiles a sec. Anyone else encountered this??

Yep.
It happens to me and creatures sometimes, only with projectiles. I like to imagine the attacker rolls a natural 20 when it happens lol

p4ran0id

Staff member
If you need magic barrier than you should change your playstile. Very dangerous for mages to get the enemies that close to you 😏

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
If you need magic barrier than you should change your playstile. Very dangerous for mages to get the enemies that close to you 😏

Intellectually sub-optimal nonsense!
What are you, sir? Some village shaman?
You must be flushed down into the sewers for your lack of proper education!!!

A true archmage does not need be concerned with simple-minded hostiles. They simply carry on with their day, without a single care in the world, while the simpletons charge like fools into the magical barrier, electrocuting themselves to ashes like the insignificant flies that they are. Why even bother to react at all when your enemies insist on killing themselves!

Of course, a magical barrier is only ever useful when paired with an incompetent Iron Golem. Because if that damn golem would just do its job instead of standing there like an idiot, there would be no need for a barrier! We really need to build golems with better artificial intelligence...

MrJelly

What if you to play like a sword mage? There is two trees for this. But must of all I M A GOD DAMN MAGE, we need freedom. Freedom of bugs. If we don't have that, what mages we are? We can't live with the laws of reality. If we do we are like engineers. We hate engineers (arcanum)

p4ran0id

Staff member
For arkane mage the barrier is useless, you want to hit them not to push them away. For range mage close range battles is a bad idea, surrounded by croud and you die too fast.

Just my 2 cents to that topic after lot of experience with different mage builds.