Magic barrier

Platform
All

MrJelly

Anyway the point is that it's bugged and do more harm than good, cause you are bound to get hit by an faster enemy or a group. And then you will ask your self why I have this ability to begin with.

There is something that I forgot too. Some times you just want to dodge everything, cause why you should hack your way to your goals? If faster enemies are attacking you will only get a bad time. (I don't have this problem with out the ability or any other class if you want to make this point)

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Anyway the point is that it's bugged and do more harm than good, cause you are bound to get hit by an faster enemy or a group. And then you will ask your self why I have this ability to begin with.

There is something that I forgot too. Some times you just want to dodge everything, cause why you should hack your way to your goals? If faster enemies are attacking you will only get a bad time. (I don't have this problem with out the ability or any other class if you want to make this point)
What exactly is the problem? Mage barrier gives only a pushback so fast enemies will attack you soon after that again. I don't understand what skills are reseted at all by that, tried it but really don't get the point. Could you explain more exactly what the problem is? Fast enemies are just fast, they heal fast and attack fast, nothing that magic barrier can change about it. Like in dark pit, the enemies there are very fast and of course pushback won't change much about it. Its just like the game is designed and not a bug, or do I understood you wrong?

MrJelly

What exactly is the problem? Mage barrier gives only a pushback so fast enemies will attack you soon after that again. I don't understand what skills are reseted at all by that, tried it but really don't get the point. Could you explain more exactly what the problem is? Fast enemies are just fast, they heal fast and attack fast, nothing that magic barrier can change about it. Like in dark pit, the enemies there are very fast and of course pushback won't change much about it. Its just like the game is designed and not a bug, or do I understood you wrong?

Ok i will make it more clear.
The push back is bugged for this reasons
When you push someone back the attack resets and hits you super fast? insta ?
as mr Ares Voss and mr Apocalypse said before me (read their commends).
This makes kick,bash , mage barrier problematic and maybe whirlwind(i dont know about that for sure tho). The problem is bigger input of dps .You can truly taste it on mage and for example i was fighting a boss today and he doulbe attacked me and i died like that(as a warrior) . This problem exist for the range units too.
I mean if its a mecanic its a bad one .
What i said about the fast enemies you have to deal with this . When they attack they stop so they can make the attack animesion ,but with magic berrier its cut sort so they can attack you ever faster ,ever if you go the other way all the way.
Is that better explanation? Test it if you want .

Molokot

For me it looks like you found "anti exploit" and making fuss about it. Game mechanics is like it is. I consider using mage barrier to someones disadvantage, to be kind of achievement, because i wouldnt be able to fugure out how to do it,even if i would try hard.