[Map Loading Oddity] No outlaw chief in Safe Passage

VDX_360

Staff member
Rack this up to the known map loading oddities.

Activating the South Jabal Hills map before activating the quest Safe Passage can result in the Outlaw Chief failing to appear when one re-enters South Jabal Hills. No outlaw chief, no outlaw chief dialogue. The three other outlaws still appear out of nowhere when passing by the rocks. When they appear, the quest updates to the ambush. Quest is completed with no ill effects. Just makes it a little easier.

Map loading issues are know. The odd part with this one is the three outlaws appear while the outlaw chief doesn't. Seems it would be the both or neither.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for reporting. I might give this ancient bug some attention during the testing phase of next update.

mikkimouse

I totally forgot about this quest in the last run, so just picked up the lady and teleported straight to Freetown. Obviously no encounter with Outlaw Chief.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you teleported straight to Freetown, did you get a quest dialogue to end the quest?

YoloEarnings

You can also completely avoid the chief ambush by taking the route to the north where the warrior guild ghost guy spawns

That's what I've always done at very low levels for the xp and I need to goto free port

The ambush is 100% avoidable