Bug Melee mobs regenerating

Something doesn't work as it should
Platform
All

Arcanmaster

We all know if ranged character attacks melee mob that can't reach him, melee mob regenerates and regenerates very fast. And usually it's fair enough, you can't kill mob, mob can't kill you. But recently I have got problem fighting group of mobs.
I open a door, I attack Skeletal Champion(melee mob), Skeletal Archer(ranged mob) attacks Gris, Champion wants to punch me but stucks it the door, Gris wants to punch Archer but stucks it the door too, I am attacking Champion, Archer is attacking Gris, Champion regenerates, Gris doesn't, Champion survives, Gris falls unconscious, two mobs attack me, I run in panic.
Anyway, this is rare thing, and it would be ok if there wasn't another more common problem.
Ranged main character and Gris attacks melee mob, melee mob should die, but tries to attack main char and can't do it because of narrow coridor, like that near secret door in Castle of Storm, or it's to stupid to go past Gris. Later, when it has full health mob attacks Gris again.
Using this bug mobs heal themselves during the fight without heal skill and mana.
Protect players from mobs' game exploits!

VDX_360

Staff member
If an enemy does not have a route to the player, it regenerates (rather rapidly, I might add). That was added to prevent exploiting getting an enemy stuck (a Level 1 archer killed the Undermother that way just to prove the problem).

Couple the regeneration with curious Companion AI, and you get the very frustrating situation you describe.

The best advice I can give is to learn to quickly identify when the problem is happening, and either try to shove your Companion out of the way, or retreat far enough away that your Companion teleports to you. That allows the monster log jam to break. You can't give commands to a Companion actively running in place.

Watching Griss peacefully run in place when all she has to do is take one swing at the monster in front of her is maddening.

Arcanmaster

The best advice I can give is to learn to quickly identify when the problem is happening, and either try to shove your Companion out of the way, or retreat far enough away that your Companion teleports to you.
Yes, I have thought about it after Gris was slayed. I was shocked by 2 melee fighters playing game "push your opponent out your door" that I have forgot about ability to run back.

p4ran0id

Staff member
There are several ways to solve that problem. As archer you can go to gris and just use cick at the door to rearrange the enemies. Or use speed and push them a bit by moving parallel to the wall. Also rapid fire can kill enemies even if they regenerate.