Melee Rogue, Ranger Rogue, or both?

1337Pwnzor

Grim Rapper":72tueo27 said:
I prefer both type of playstyle, while melee rogue can deal a serious damage in general (don't even comparing it with the crit. hit, it's so overpowered), rogue archer have a LOT of DPS comparing to the melee rogue (I've found a trick that if you can adjust the location of the enemy straight diagonal position from you and angle it a little bit farther, the bow "miss" mechanic will negate while the enemy can still attack you stand still) when you're a aggro-type playstyle

I personally maxed the stealth skill purely based on the 50% chance of opening chest without you being revealed (ny playstyle are so lame lol) and scouting the environment to maximize the bow wall glitch for my advantage

As for Sounkeng post, consistant flanking is the main way for the early rogue to gain EXP fast as they can consistently dealing high damage while receiving no damage at all (if you're using Grissenda asap, that is), as you need to rise the AGI trait more for merely higher damage (if you're using light weapon as most of the rogue weapon have)

I use Grissenda now that the quest involving Adaon (A Mad Wizard) is done. And with the Massive Crits, I can usually one-hit enemies with -/+1 level difference to mine. I wonder if Hirge is just as good in tanking damage as Grissenda.

Grim Rapper

1337Pwnzor":386keryb said:
Grim Rapper":386keryb said:
I prefer both type of playstyle, while melee rogue can deal a serious damage in general (don't even comparing it with the crit. hit, it's so overpowered), rogue archer have a LOT of DPS comparing to the melee rogue (I've found a trick that if you can adjust the location of the enemy straight diagonal position from you and angle it a little bit farther, the bow "miss" mechanic will negate while the enemy can still attack you stand still) when you're a aggro-type playstyle

I personally maxed the stealth skill purely based on the 50% chance of opening chest without you being revealed (ny playstyle are so lame lol) and scouting the environment to maximize the bow wall glitch for my advantage

As for Sounkeng post, consistant flanking is the main way for the early rogue to gain EXP fast as they can consistently dealing high damage while receiving no damage at all (if you're using Grissenda asap, that is), as you need to rise the AGI trait more for merely higher damage (if you're using light weapon as most of the rogue weapon have)

I use Grissenda now that the quest involving Adaon (A Mad Wizard) is done. And with the Massive Crits, I can usually one-hit enemies with -/+1 level difference to mine. I wonder if Hirge is just as good in tanking damage as Grissenda.

Hirge is useful as a healer (Hence she was favored by the Warrior Main), Grissenda is useful as a ank (Hence she was favoured by the Rogue Main), Adaon is useful as a... um... uh...

What he was useful with again?

1337Pwnzor

Grim Rapper":1syvuafn said:
1337Pwnzor":1syvuafn said:
Grim Rapper":1syvuafn said:

Hirge is useful as a healer (Hence she was favored by the Warrior Main), Grissenda is useful as a ank (Hence she was favoured by the Rogue Main), Adaon is useful as a... um... uh...

What he was useful with again?

Idk...getting you into trouble? I guess.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
Sounkeng":380ukmmn said:
Personally I like to have 1 level of stealth, for flavor if nothing else. Sneak attack isn't worth much more than 1 point investment, unless you are setting up your combats where you are consistently flanking (which isn't particularly hard to do).
I think Stealth benefits from 3 points spents, because with Stealth II enemy is less likely to hear you

Now about this topic question...
Well, a Melee Rogue is sure more efficient in combat with points spent in Evasion, Stab, Flurry, Assassination, Precision Strike, Massive Criticals, even Bloodlust (i think is good for crowds)...

But, i finished main quest as Warrior and started playing as Rogue recently.
In my point of view, for ROLEPLAY reasons (and i think its part of the fun in playing), i just see the point of playing Rogue if you make your character a resorceful Hunter who masters archery and make traps OR an Assassin, silent and lethal, capable of killing his target using Stealth.
Otherwise its no different from playing as a Warrior.

The way i see it, while Warrior is a tank that just chop, chop, chop, Rogue playstyle involves strategy, in order to compensate his lack of armor/health. He is focused in assassinating one enemy at time, so he has to be lethal and tricky, using deception (Assassins Creed, Thief and Dishonored feelings)

Thats why i maxed Stealth III in order to use Smoke Bomb I ( SB I is enough)
So, when facing bosses, i use a combo,
I engage with Stab
So i activate Evasion + Flurry
When Evasion runs out, i use Smoke Bomb and wait about 2 remaining secs for Stab to recharge
Then walk around enemy and use Stab + Sneak Attack

Of course, as mentioned above, current enemy regen system makes things more difficult. If it wasnt so fast, i could use Smoke Bomb and wait Evasion recharge...
I already made a post about it and hope David cuts regen speed at least in half in future updates
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14286

1337Pwnzor

A Shady Traveler":7kz5g16a said:
Sounkeng":7kz5g16a said:
Personally I like to have 1 level of stealth, for flavor if nothing else. Sneak attack isn't worth much more than 1 point investment, unless you are setting up your combats where you are consistently flanking (which isn't particularly hard to do).
I think Stealth benefits from 3 points spents, because with Stealth II enemy is less likely to hear you

Now about this topic question...
Well, a Melee Rogue is sure more efficient in combat with points spent in Evasion, Stab, Flurry, Assassination, Precision Strike, Massive Criticals, even Bloodlust (i think is good for crowds)...

But, i finished main quest as Warrior and started playing as Rogue recently.
In my point of view, for ROLEPLAY reasons (and i think its part of the fun in playing), i just see the point of playing Rogue if you make your character a resorceful Hunter who masters archery and make traps OR an Assassin, silent and lethal, capable of killing his target using Stealth.
Otherwise its no different from playing as a Warrior.

The way i see it, while Warrior is a tank that just chop, chop, chop, Rogue playstyle involves strategy, in order to compensate his lack of armor/health. He is focused in assassinating one enemy at time, so he has to be lethal and tricky, using deception (Assassins Creed, Thief and Dishonored feelings)

Thats why i maxed Stealth III in order to use Smoke Bomb I ( SB I is enough)
So, when facing bosses, i use a combo,
I engage with Stab
So i activate Evasion + Flurry
When Evasion runs out, i use Smoke Bomb and wait about 2 remaining secs for Stab to recharge
Then walk around enemy and use Stab + Sneak Attack

Of course, as mentioned above, current enemy regen system makes things more difficult. If it wasnt so fast, i could use Smoke Bomb and wait Evasion recharge...
I already made a post about it and hope David cuts regen speed at least in half in future updates
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14286

Which skills aside from Massive Criticals and Precision Strikes should I max out? Because obviously skills are limited by your guild membership and skill points are also limited, especially since the Ancient Tolassian Tome has no counterpart that gives one skill point upon usage.

Sounkeng

The current cap is level 99 (or 100 I forget). Although the game is 'easily' completable by level 25.