Minor weapon rebalance suggestions & other musings about builds

Atomos

1. Low end mauls have 3% critical hit chance, and high end ones have 4%. Gurguth's Maul and Maul of Disease are unique weapons, and have slightly weaker common variants(Bone Maul and Maul of Corrosion) available, so maybe it could be a good and consistent thing to set their critical hit chance to 4% and make those more appealing?
2. Judging by the description Soul Cleaver axe comes from the same starmetal weapon family as Soul Drinker, yet it's damage is equivalent to Longsword of Falling Stars, and doesn't have Beast Slayer attribute. I suggest giving it 4 - 13 base damage, +5 death damage and Beast Slayer II. It should become useable if someone is lucky to find it early.
Edit:
3. Thief's Blade is a silvery weapon according to description. Silver attribute needs to be added, or description changed.

Edit: title changed to better reflect developing discussion

Last edited:

Phyrad

I also have feww things to add about this:

1) My archer rogue build (full stacked precision shots and massive criticals) had the same DPS with Skeletal bow and Ghost eye. You can find the first one on every corner.
2) Rod of incineration is easier to get compared to imperial battlemage wand, yet more powerful.
3) I wonder if anyone ever used axe of the depths.
4) Icicle is too OP for that level and makes many other swords useless.

Atomos

One more:

Vindicator maul is unique and available later in the game than most weapons, and yet it's weaker than Maul of desecration, Maul of Garrak, Spirit Cleaver (which is a Warrior weapon, but it's still more or less the same weapon family). It's even worse at pummeling shadows than Maul of Terror, which is just an uncommon multitool.
I suggest setting it's attributes to: Holy II, Banishing II, spirit damage +6.
Still not too strong, but playable 👍

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Yeah, Vindicator is Trash Teir as a weapon. 2H Clerics had few pre-Waste options and the only thing given to them [in the last update] was about as much use as a pair of tits on toast.

Rogues had a TON of high-class light weapons already, but the update also gave them Fiendish Dagger, Dancing Flame, and Hunter's Machete... nobody but nobody can call those weapons trash.

Last edited:

Atomos

Rogues had a TON of high-class light weapons already, but the update also gave them Fiendish Dagger, Dancing Flame, and Hunter's Machete... nobody but nobody can call those weapons trash.
Oh yeah, I just remembered. Fiendish Dagger is nearly identical to Shadow Blade. It's Rogue (and death knight) exclusive, but weaker. It would be cool if it had different attributes. Slow maybe?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Oh yeah, I just remembered. Fiendish Dagger is nearly identical to Shadow Blade. It's Rogue (and death knight) exclusive, but weaker. It would be cool if it had different attributes. Slow maybe?

Good point, it is objectively weaker than Shadow Blade but SB is one of the strongest weapons in the game and a brutal Rogue-unfriendly dungeon. So, OK. But Dancing Flame is the BEST light fire weapon in the game and Hunters Machete is the best pre-Arc light electric weapon. So Rogues do get elite-tier weapons from the quest.

Atomos

Yeah Rogues do get a lot of nice toys, but that's a weapon focused class, just like Warriors. Clerics are more spell/prayer/ritual oriented class. They can join warriors guild, but don't have access to the most juicy, damage stacking skills, so that path is a bit meh. Maybe 1h cleric with the Broken Crown of Tol is the way to go?