Names

Grim Reaper

I am quite sure that once u save on cloud and load it all chars get a random name which results in not being able to give ur chat a proper name... i am not 100% sure about this, but it crossed my mind since i remembered having different name at 1 of my chars...

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Grim Reaper":2vdetim3 said:
I am quite sure that once u save on cloud and load it all chars get a random name which results in not being able to give ur chat a proper name... i am not 100% sure about this, but it crossed my mind since i remembered having different name at 1 of my chars...

I read your post so I saved my game to the cloud and restored it from there and the names of my characters stayed intact.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I used cloud for saving and restoring, for me it worked.

On the other hand, I can't be sure that in all instances something always go the way it is supposed to be.

But, I guess that in cases where something goes wrong, it is error on cloud service per se, i.e. it is in Googles hands. Either on cloud or phone level.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's nearly impossible, cloud saving takes your saved files and zip them, then upload to google. A glitch would almost certainly result in an error with the zip file. And it's the first time I hear about this; if you find a way to reproduce this, please let me know.

Grim Reaper

DavidBVal":30opfkfz said:
It's nearly impossible, cloud saving takes your saved files and zip them, then upload to google. A glitch would almost certainly result in an error with the zip file. And it's the first time I hear about this; if you find a way to reproduce this, please let me know.

will do, might play with it tomorrow, but i am almost 100% sure it happened to at least 1 of my chars...