CHALLENGE COMPENDIUM

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Arcanmaster Love your ideas!
Your Kung Fu Master idea, I call it "Green Shirt" loll, I played that exact limitation with my Loreseeker build. No visible armor means the hero only appears in a green shirt, it's cute and fashionable loll.

I really like your Ice Elemental idea.
I'd like to try it. I'd play a warrior wearing only Primal Ice armor, and wielding only cold weapons. I would also give my warrior the skill Magical Training so he could cast Scrolls of Summon Ice Elemental!!! Would be super cool ;) What do you think?
It would be tough to get the Primal Ice armor though... Maybe allow ordinary, basic armor and weapons from the Lannegar merchant?

Arcanmaster

and wielding only cold weapons. I would also give my warrior the skill Magical Training so he could cast Scrolls of Summon Ice Elemental!!! Would be super cool ;) What do you think?
Sure, Ice Elementals have high cold resistance and deal cold damage, only cold weapons should be part of this challenge (pounching goblins to get 500 coin for dagger of ice in New Arthur won't be a problem)
It would be tough to get the Primal Ice armor though... Maybe allow ordinary, basic armor and weapons from the Lannegar merchant?
It will be realy hard, leather and chain armor may be allowed before you get primal ice.

Trace Da Cruz

Primal Ice armor is available in only one area (at least to my judgment) so is really hard to collect, specially the shirt, of which I have only seen one -and lost it...

It's going to be fun to build this set.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I'm doing it!
I just got into Icemist and bought a bunch of Ice Elemental scrolls, have learned Magical Training and got to 4 INT with Lady Xidar's tiara (+1 int). So now I can summon Ice Elementals even though I'm a warrior :)

I'm in the hobgoblins cave right now looking for the Primal Ice Armor. My companion is Hirge, and I'm using the same rules for her too. Now we both have the boots and gauntlets! The cave is really dangerous though, but with an Ice Elemental it's fairly easy! The only problem is the scrolls cost 600$ each, and I'm almost out already. Luckily, grinding in the cave gives a lot of gold, so I'll be able to buy another pile of scrolls.

Hirge has the cold mace I bought from a traveling merchant. I'm using the cold greatsword I got from the necromancer in Nayau tomb. I want to get the paralyzing Permafrost Greataxe, but first I need to get the ruby key from the Abbey. That's going to be hard lol.

I must admit I allowed myself to use basic weapons and armors until I could get my hands on cold weapons and primal ice armor pieces. But I only used common non-magical items I got from goblins and orcs. I wanted to do a quick playthrough. But I got my first cold weapon quickly in Kingsbridge after Finding Constanze, the Shortword of Frost.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I have now completed my transformation into an Ice Elemental! Cold heals me now!!!

I have a complete set of Primal Ice Armor!
I also equipped my 3 companions with the armor set, I'm only missing 1 chest piece and 2 leggings to complete the whole team! :) I also have a nice collection of cold weapons, I will try to collect them all!

My last weapon was the 2-handed Permafrost Greataxe, and I love its paralysis ability! But I've just changed my build to gain the ability to absorb cold damage and turn it into HP!!!

I've reset my skills and switched to a shield + Ancestral Blade of the Deer. And I learned Ice Ward. So now that I have 171 cold resist, a shield and the skill Shield Expert III, I'm now able to gain HP from ranged cold attacks. I really feel like an Ice Elemental loll. I got my HP to 3000 for fun loll

But I really miss my Permafrost Greataxe... I miss the weapon's 6% Paralysis, and the 10% Stun from the 2-hand skill. Combined with Cleave, I kept paralysing / stunning multiple opponents all at once, it was awesome. Now with my new blade I only have 5% Stun and no paralysis. It's fun to absorb cold and go beyond my Max HP, but mass-paralysis/stun is much more satisfying loll. I might change back to the 2-handed build.

What do you all think?
Should I keep my cold absorption ability or go back to my mass-paralysis?

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
OYE OYE OYE!
Dear fellow Muud'ari Challengers!
We have a new Challenge!!!
Do it.
Just do it.

New Class + Objectives
PYROMANCER MAGE
By Maximilian313
"You are a pyromancer. Born with the power to create and shape fire, you were a dangerous child... As a teenager, you struggled to tame the flame within your heart. Now that you've learned to master your terrible gift, you must choose your path: Will you bring light and warmth to this cruel world? Or set it ablaze and watch it burn?"