Newbie questions

Beecheese

Hi everyone, just got into the game for 1 day and I got some questions that I hope someone could help

1. My character is mage, the lesser summoning is level 2, but the summoned familiar does not last long if it is dead. It seems has a may 300s timer on it then it is just gone which is not metioned in the skill description. Is this normal?

2. The quest from hall, does the target would only spawn when you accept the quest or you could locate the target then come back accept the quest then finish it to avoid get time expired.

VDX_360

Staff member
1. Huh. I -think- Lessor Summon has a time limit but am blanking on that point for a certainity. Other summons have time limits (Guardian Wolf, Ice Mastery, Fire Mastery etc). If there is a time limit, it might be better to include it in the Wiki.

2. The target for a Town Hall Quest doesn't appear until AFTER accepting the quest (and it's random). Rumor Hunting can eat up a lot of in-game time. Various equipment in the game gives Gossip bonus, or trait increases that can help.

Just for reference, here's the Wiki link: https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Warning: Mages are intended for experienced players. I recommend a Warrior for your first play through, or anything else, but really the Mages can be very difficult at lower even mid levels if you don't know the game details and play flow.

It can be done but you might struggle in places.

Beecheese

Warning: Mages are intended for experienced players. I recommend a Warrior for your first play through, or anything else, but really the Mages can be very difficult at lower even mid levels if you don't know the game details and play flow.

It can be done but you might struggle in places.
Yes, you are right, its really struggling to play. I am Lvl 9 but still weak. I chose mage because some review on steam says that mage and cleric can use gate to port to cities which could save a lot gold and time. Is it still a fact in current version? I might still stick on mage if it is true.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
If you've made it to 9 keep going.

Gate? Erm... any character with an Int of 2 can use Scrolls of Teleport. As-or-more importantly, Companions can use Scrolls and Potions too, all they need is the requirements of an Int of 2.

Beecheese

If you've made it to 9 keep going.

Gate? Erm... any character with an Int of 2 can use Scrolls of Teleport. As-or-more importantly, Companions can use Scrolls and Potions too, all they need is the requirements of an Int of 2.
I think it is some portal gate which can go to other chosen cities, I haven't reached that content in the game yet. Are they mage/cleric use exclusive?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
As far as I can tell about Gate level 1 is exactly the same as a scroll of Recall and level 2 is Teleport.

So yeah you'll save a few grand and an inventory slot but I don't think Gate is anywhere near the most interesting reason to play a Mage, the stonking power at your fingertips is more like it!

RB33

Speaking of Gate. My first character, which is a "classic" Paladin-based Cleric, has this skill and I practically spoiled myself with the possibilities. I get to have the benefit of having physical combat capabilities close to that of a Warrior, the bonus of having a Wolf summon with a little bit of everything including a self-replenishing mana pool for as long as I'm surrounded by the undead and the fact that I have a nifty exit plan provided that the area that I'm in has no magical barrier, I can easily get out of dodge and go to my town of choice to replenish or recover. Getting back into the area that I escaped from is a totally different matter but at least I get to live and fight another day.

My new "Mage" Cleric build will definitely include the Gate skill. I could no longer imagine myself using a Cleric based character without it.

VDX_360

Staff member
I --suggest-- you start a new game as a Cleric. Join the Warriors guild and learn Duel (1st), Heavyhand (2nd).

A Cleric that maxes out Healing (invest as your grow), invests 1 level into Might and Intervention becomes pretty durable. As you level up, toss in Crusdaer for the stun chance and extra damage against undead, Thelume's Wisdom to find secrets and traps, and Max out Nivaria's Barrier. You'll find you're pretty durable, can handle a wide range of enemies. Might 1 gives a nifty damage boost that's rather awesome in the early game and still useful by the end-of-the-game, esp against trolls.

As you hit higher levels, investing in Gate II will be useful. Sure you get the same thing with buying Recall / Teleport scrolls but having Gate II is a quality of life skill, esp when hunting down Rumor Bosses and Town Hall Quests.

I like to take Precision Shots and Massive Criticals to Level 2. Due to limited skill points, you get more overall bang for your buck by having those two skills at Level 2, rather than getting one up to Level 3. At high levels, you might have the skill points laying around to get both up to Level 3.

When I play a Cleric, I like to save my Skill Points for Level 7,8,9 so when I reach Level 9, I can complete the Fort Assault quest, join the Warrior's Guild and than max out Duel.

I also like to play with Griss as a Companion.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hi everyone, just got into the game for 1 day and I got some questions that I hope someone could help

1. My character is mage, the lesser summoning is level 2, but the summoned familiar does not last long if it is dead. It seems has a may 300s timer on it then it is just gone which is not metioned in the skill description. Is this normal?

2. The quest from hall, does the target would only spawn when you accept the quest or you could locate the target then come back accept the quest then finish it to avoid get time expired.

If you need help, better share your build. I'm Profi with mage and love to help you 😎

Lesser summoner is not so useful at beginning, use it as decoy to escape when needed, but it's must have for summoner build.

Also that little guy can be really helpful later at endgame since it's resistant to shock damage 😉