Problem with my mage

19gustaw22

Hi everyone,
My mage on lvl 9 normal mode is really weak. I can't clear any dungeon with monsters on lvl 9 and more. I'm stuck on a key to the past quest. My teammate is dying quickly. Any advice what skills or trait should i upgrade on next lvl?

Screenshot_2020-10-18-15-34-54-906_net.fdgames.ek.android.md.jpg Screenshot_2020-10-18-15-35-22-552_net.fdgames.ek.android.md.jpg Screenshot_2020-10-18-15-35-50-978_net.fdgames.ek.android.md.jpg Screenshot_2020-10-18-15-36-04-542_net.fdgames.ek.android.md.jpg

Duck123

Loreseeker
Maybe put more points in agility or endurance for grissenda. Also remember fireball can damage your teammates. Other than that this build looks pretty good for lvl 9, but you could always grind to get grissenda platemail if she dies to quickly.
Post automatically merged:    

Also a key to the past can be particularly hard for mages due to the fact that you have to rely on your companion to tank damage and they often end up just sitting in the fire, or sprinting across a lava lake and agro-ing all the enemies at once. So you might have to put that quest off for a couple levels.
Also do flaming pits for that quest, it is easier and fire resistance is more common than frost resistance

19gustaw22

Thanks, i will try give her Agi on next lvl up. I do not use fireball really often, mostly depens on ligthning bolt. Where can i buy better eq? Some elemental Staffs other than fire and plate armor? And one more question. What skills should i concentrate on now? Staff mastery, mana surge, magic armor or maybe save points for advanced one?

Last edited:

M4K51MU5

Every mage tower has cheap non stockeable Mana pots that heal 10hp and give 20mana, take advantage of those early on in game. Also get cleric for your team. She not too hard to get, at lvl 9 you should not have problem. And always in dungeon have shield spell activated since mage hp is low, traps can kill u. And fire spell doesn't cause dmg to the teamate, only can dmg u. Mage is the strongest end Game char, especially in the ark. Though if you attempt iron man, do it on cleric.
Post automatically merged:    

Also why you cary Soo much junk with you, store it at bank, and keep room for pots and pricy loot.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Wiki can help you with a lot of basic questions.
Some quick-ish equipment improvement can be gotten from:
Body armor with fire protection from A Safe Bet.
Shield with some fire protection as a loot drop from early dungeons (see here).
Knight Helm is pretty common if you don't find a Tolassian Chain Coif.

You can find rings in quite a few dungeons, quests or merchants.

VDX_360

Staff member
A tactic that might help you take on the Fire Pit / Ice Pit is to set your Companion to Stay Here and Only Attack Enemies That Are Close To You. You can than go ahead, trigger an enemy to chase you back to your Companion. As you run past your Companion, the enemy and your Companion should start fighting, letting you attack from a distance. This allows you to fight only a few enemies at a time, and to lure fire elementals away from the fire tiles.

It's a good tactic you might find useful here and there in other dungeons.