Question on critical damage

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
I always thought that if a critical hit occurs, it simply means that this specific strike deals up to 150% of normal max dmg (instead of the usual 100%). Now I noticed that if I calculate the DPS in this way, the resulting value is always a bit smaller than what is displayed in the char sheet. I only end up with the correct DPS value if I assume that the critical 150% dmg is dealt in addition to the normal 100% dmg of a strike, effectively making it 250%. Is this really true or is my understanding of the DPS calculation wrong?

P.S. Tested with various weapons. No skills modifying critical chance and/or damage are in effect.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":2c6wygdo said:
I always thought that if a critical hit occurs, it simply means that this specific strike deals up to 150% of normal max dmg (instead of the usual 100%). Now I noticed that if I calculate the DPS in this way, the resulting value is always a bit smaller than what is displayed in the char sheet. I only end up with the correct DPS value if I assume that the critical 150% dmg is dealt in addition to the normal 100% dmg of a strike, effectively making it 250%. Is this really true or is my understanding of the DPS calculation wrong?

P.S. Tested with various weapons. No skills modifying critical chance and/or damage are in effect.

I'll look into this tomorrow.