Replay Value of Exiled Kingdoms?

VDX_360

Staff member
This is just my periodic discussion on the replay value of Exiled Kingdoms. I'm in a game funk right now. I've tried a few new games. One game was okay, but has no replay value. A few were just not my thing (required multiplayer, etc). And now I'm about to start a new playthrough of EK. So, I basically spent about $80 on games that I played for the weekend, only to go back to playing the ultra-cheap game for the hundredth time.

Exiled Kingdom simply has the RPG elements I like in a game. I want to explore, I want to grind, I want to level-up, I want to find secrets, and I want a pretty good story in a decent world. I also want a decent user interface.

EK is about the right length for a game. It's long enough to be engaging, without requiring a marriage-like commitment to the game. I expect to pay for a game, and I don't mind a few micro-transactions for in-game flavor, but Pay to Win is just so crass. I also prefer solo games over multiplayer games, which means most online RPG's are non-starters. I also want to be challenged. I don't want to just press a button and win.

How do players rate Exiled Kingdoms' replay value? It's a subjective opinion so there's no wrong answer. If you absolutely can't play this game a second time, that's totally fine. Just share why.

Note: Be mindful about the Forum Rule Prohibiting Discussing Pricing. Vague references to price as a part of value should be okay, don't go on a rant.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I don't think I have ever replayed a video game as often as EK. It has great replay value. My first game was before Clerics were added to the game. At each major update, I replayed again a whole new game. And since the last huge update, I've always had at least one ongoing EK game.

We've been having fun making up challenges, inventing restrictions to create new classes, and trying out a bunch of different playthroughs. Like doing a pirate treasure hunt race with a friend, going up against Mercia by lowering reputation, and ending up fighting against the Mercian guards. It was like going up against a whole new boss! Or playing as an Arcane Knight right from the start, wielding only blades, etc. I just finished a playthrough as a Loreseeker, browsing through townhall quests to complete whole book collections, and exploring ruins in a party of 5. My next game will be as a Necromancer, using only cold and death elements, keeping my fire resistance at 0% to have a weakness, and of course collecting human remains :)

So yeah, replay value is very high in EK.

Molokot

For me it has a month value of replay atm with each update, because i am playing around a week each character and there are 4 of them.
If ever this game would be finished it will have even better replay value, because it needs to have more end game content, but recent addition improved it a lot allready.
Not sure why but there are very few games of this type, probably because it requires some brain cells to make them, and you cant just copy paste other people old ideas.

Trace Da Cruz

Just last night I was browsing the store, but I guess I expect every game to be like EK, its main value is the replay, of course, a great collection, a lot to find out, multiple outcomes, and different builds for each class...

I was born in the 90, but never had my own games until my 20's I have played some RPG"s and my first favorite one was Aidyn Chronicles, which has the same replay value as EK, for the same reasons, you can yield what you want, and use the spells you want, and just collect everything.

Exiled Kingdoms is high in replay value, just like in the old days of pc RPG"s.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I wouldn't spend a large amount of money on a modern game without exhaustive research 99%+ these days are not worth $10 let alone $80

Another game with great replay value is Fallout New Vegas. Even without mods, but moreso with them.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
When people talk about playing with mods, what if they weren't talking about modifications... but moderators?

What if... all they want is a friend?

SlothPrince

I find EK very worthwhile to play many times over. New characters with new challenges. Or old characters passing time grinding.

Only other game I've replayed this much is Nethack or it's variations.