Snake Gang Quest

Juristech

I am having an issue with the Snake Gang quest. This issue was originally reported in testing, but I never did see a resolution. I am experiencing the following issue on two different characters:

I spoke to the chancellor and received the snake quest.
I then spoke with Zilda, whose only response is to ask if I lost my way. The only selectable option is "Sorry, I must be on my way".

Is this a bug or am I missing a step in this quest?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Your character needs to learn about Zilda before he can ask her anything else, you might know who she is but your character doesn't.

There's two different ways to be pointed to her, both of them in the area.

Vaaclav

Translator
For purposes of wrong order, I saved game before speaking with Zelda about Snake gang.

And there I found something strange. If I kill Zelda in her hideout, I still may rob the bank, of course - but clerk is acting strange.

1. There is written that he still have hands up (even if I did not talk with him before).
2. Also I can ask him for way out of bank (like if magic barrier was up - like in case of robbing the bak with Zelda).

deadcorpze

One way is through trait check and the other way is very funny. Something u learn from doing a quest in new anthur.
Isn't that right sir david? :D
Ps: spawn more giant mamba please. How many should I kill more to get it's fang

Vaaclav

Translator
deadcorpze said:
One way is through trait check and the other way is very funny. Something u learn from doing a quest in new anthur.

I am worried about I don't understand what exactly you mean, what New Anthur quest you have in your mind.

Juristech

I am still stuck on the Snake Gang Quest. I still believe there must be a bug.

I have spoken with the Chancellor, Captain Dorse and Cadul; for each I have cycled through every dialogue option (except for 'attack the Chancellor'). I then followed up with Zilda and nothing new from her. Her only response is still to ask if I lost my way. The only selectable option is "Sorry, I must be on my way".
I have interacted with all of the merchants in town, the banker and solved the quest for the fangs. I have killed King Kurg and the Crown of Tol quest.

Not sure what I am missing, or is the issue with Zilda a bug? Thanks for an advice and support. By the way, if there is a Trait Check for a dialogue option that I am not able to trigger, my stats are as follows: Level 21, Str 5, End 5, Ag 10, Int 2, Awa 2, Per 4

deadcorpze

Here:
Have an intellect of 3 points before talking to the chancellor and he will mention zilda or buy 2 friguld rum from the alchemist near the docks and talk to the drunkard just outside the governor's building. If you talk to zilda u will see additional dialogues if you have personality of 2(bribe her with some gold) or 4 (tell her it's the end of the world if u dont get that black shard) points. I'm not sure if there are more dialogue options with other traits. Of course, u can just simply force her to tell u. I highly recommend to get her help robbing the bank coz there's an ancient tolassian tome and a ruby key there somewhere hidden to the southeastt of the map.

Juristech

That worked! Wow, I can't believe how much I struggled with that quest. Thank you very much for the advice! All the best.

Vaaclav

Translator
Deadcorpze:
Read my previous post.

You don't need to help Zilda (the Snake). You may kill her - and still rob the bank.

And what is the most important on this way, you can leave bank the same way you came- if you choose personality check 1, as I found - and sell all looted items, and return for other, if you cannot take all at once.

So, once you may (even you think anything wrong about it) behave very bad - to help Governor that probably does not have the best reputation and still get all items in bank.

And what is the best, this way grants you that you don't lose any reputation.

deadcorpze

Vaaclav":efh1pcir said:
Deadcorpze:
Read my previous post.

You don't need to help Zilda (the Snake). You may kill her - and still rob the bank.

And what is the most important on this way, you can leave bank the same way you came- if you choose personality check 1, as I found - and sell all looted items, and return for other, if you cannot take all at once.

So, once you may (even you think anything wrong about it) behave very bad - to help Governor that probably does not have the best reputation and still get all items in bank.

And what is the best, this way grants you that you don't lose any reputation.

I guess u can do both but I'm interested on how those documents she stole would impact the story later on. I'll be taking the archenemy of the governor route and see how it turns out in the next update