So...

...I couldn't help but notice that wizards are all barking mad.

I agree.

I also noticed that a doppleganger gang killed my grandfather and all his friends, and that a little blue not-smurf known as "lord santa, wicked of trix" appears to be able to cast some form of phantasmal force.

Xe killed my grandfather and the rational outcomes taught me basic wizard ethics, so this is more than 'charm person.' Must slaughter the non-alchemist population of Lannegar so the good people with warm demeanor can come by...

Charm person broken, I turn my thought to the quest. Rumored past the wyvern mountains, packed for the plane of fire, a tiara of the mentalist marks the place where 'my grandfather and his friend' have journeyed.

Of the eighth rank in the guild. Full elementalist. A simple build, three elements and a shield, then enhance lightning bolt as 'mage dart.'

It does well, or decent enough. It is absolutely fun to take very short, dangerous trips.

I live in Jabal, living in the inheritance of my grandfather. Our sister has gone ahead; an old librarian gives me clues.

I tell the damnable creature I'm going to murder him every time I see him, though it's a little like the UQM dynarri thereafter, and I live in vaults of plain-vanilla mage junk, most of it worthtless.

I assume my sister will leave her hatpin or something where she has passed. I'm off to loot my grandfather and grow in magic. Maybe slaughter some dopplegangers or this odd, wicked creature I keep trying to kill.

Of ninth rank in the guild.

Fritha obviously totally offended tollassian death energy by going west, but I'll totally tell people in other kingdoms about her stall. A friend of libraries and of elements.

Having won the dunce cap of the mentalist (int zero, just the mage ethics) I begin to turn my mind to this...
- the family of the house of gilmor is actually very, very kind. Suggesting these little glands are actually crystals of biotic-lysis energy, for instance.
- there's an old guy in the loreseekers who seems actually a little kinder than first let on.
This turns my mind immediately to the wyrm, or mage, jorgum; I see them in red, affiliated with them in earth energy.
- I know the geostructural relation between the wyvern mountains, icemist, and a road into the mountains by deepfrost.

Everyone I live with knows my grandfather quite well, and I'm going to have to kill a little blue guy who does not have a sword of shock.

It still remains to kill the guy outside lannegar for their violence against earth and fire energies. Perhaps a knightlike challenge to "duel peasant" will be the "charge through npc" of the future.

Witches were generally trustworthy. Wizard ethics demand the immediate release of Syllara, our quite-independent ally of elements against the forsaken of wyvern.

Still of the ninth rank in the guild. Playing with trolls in the hopes one day that I might have a conjurer's hood... of biolytic affinities, the wizards and alchemists who are nicest to me.

Trolls are cruel; they bop things with hammers. Trolls are kind; they use lightning so you can get back up. They were just trying to show gurr new games, it's really quite friendly.

The only known bandits of wyvern are of the northeast, near icemist; solliga is the city of the forsaken, who poisoned the river and.... whatever jorgum the worm was on about. And tried to murder grandpa or something.

Grandpa 'and his friend' and sissy, on the other hand, are off to beyond where the plane of fire leaks into the arctic rim, packed for sauna. This strange portion of Irossia where the varanar don't actually hate this evil cult of the three start to become of interest by their position on a mountain range. Admittedly, so do a few other nearby areas.

Well, at least I know where the forsaken are, and this quest was workable and investigable. I can even punch a very small forsaken outpost when I get very strong... and a poison river.

Level 10. Investigating banditry in the Thyr ridges. Explored the relation between Jorgum and the Nivar wetlands.

It appears there is no banditry in Whitetower, and a brewer tells me these things very much ARE connected to my grandfather. Smuggling merple into Whitetower appears to directly affect the war against the Forsaken of Solliga.

On the odd chance that I choose not to follow my sister's hatpin, there is an excellent route into the Thyr mountains in the southwest near Whitetower.

In other news, sabercats go splat against this build most easily. Nivarians... completely hate you, if one does not hate of the ways of magic. Silver dagger, that's material, right? "Nah, we'd rather you die." This friend - unsurprisingly, an alchemist - has found a way to aid wizards most subtle.

This should help finance the support of Whitetower. I suspect strongly that even more of the connection between Jorgum, Whitetower, and Rhoneis is worthy of extended, in-person exploration.

Level Eleven.
Doggies of biolytic sky keep us safe from the forsaken, and I can run the sugar rum game neutrally.
Goblins of fire keep us safe from the forsaken. The mage ethics are correct.
I can waste a cloud of doggies of biolytic sky about half the time, even when extras are pulled, as an undervalued shock witch - formerly of carpet plus kitten.
The bandits outside rhoneis, the fact that it's pretty specifically the mildly-criminal trade in magical items among criminal trade being 'best to avoid, ' and nivarian... sentiment... suggest a criminal trade to Lamis. The whitetower-to-Nivar trade, conversely, is making me...

...well, a heavy drinker. As in this pack is becoming unrealistic at the small vial level. And I'm okay with that.

brb, going to alcoholism some trolls while streaking - the appropriate way to travel!!