Something has changed in the Sewers of Horrors?

0rion79

I have completed it just yesterday night with my 2-handed cleric and I had quite a hard time keeping my companion(s) alive due to the very long run among the fire, especially among the magma rivers.

I didn't remember it that long! Basically now you have to run till the bottom left of the screen and then walk up again til the ruins. I am pretty sure that the route was shorter in previous versions.

I personally think it is a too big strain, especially for unprepared characters. I had a couple of superior rings with protection from fire plus basic protection provided by other equipment and, together with superior fire ward potions, they have been not enough to allow my companion to move. Not even for fighting!

PS: what do I get as a reward if I try to farm the Sewers of Horrors?

Deleted member 28869

Have you tried letting your companion stay there? They teleport with you when you enter the basalt citadel, just run, don't fight.

And as a reward, you get exp and a few rare weapons like devourer sting and iron golem fist you can keep as a trophy if you're lucky.

Last edited:

0rion79

I wanted to kill the 2 big demons and I needed my companion with me. Fire elementals and imps are very annoying in that area!
Anyway, the pattern now is too long... I don't like it.
Anyway, I'd like to farm it for Skill books but they probably are a 1-time drop. :(

Deleted member 28869

Do you use this route?
And as for the tomes, they are indeed one-time loot, but if you are very lucky, you can get additional tolassian tomes.

0rion79

You confirm me that David has changed the map... before the route to the fortress was shorter. I liked the older version more...
And rewards do not justify a 2nd or 3rd run... sorry.

Deleted member 28869

The SOH is one of the best places to grind for levels, with high level enemies, red dragons and/or demi liches, and I level up very fast there. Though the ark is also a good place to level up, I just don't like it much.

0rion79

Without grinding, my cleric is at level 24 already and I have already finished the game. The only reason for grinding more would be to have enough money to buy the last blessing when meditating in Ilmara, but that was really to waste money, lol :D

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
There have not been any changes to this map in the recent update. It's still exactly the same as the map seen on the Wiki page.

Dmitri

Loreseeker
Elemental Plane of Fire is the same as it always was, nothing has changed since it came out, Mike is right, everything on the Wiki page is the same as it is in the game.