Spoiler:Prisoners Dilemma dialogue

feldon

Loreseeker
So when dealing with the two Zenmos, if you choose wrong and fight the werewolf, Zenmo's dialogue while caged doesn't change. It would make more sense to include something new along the lines of 'I told you it was a beast. Now get me out of here' without the questioning bit.

There is also no change in the reward. While fighting the beast might serve as penalty enough for choosing wrong, should there be a layered reward set where you get more for getting right, less for wrong?

feldon

Loreseeker
Azog":po53p257 said:
getting right, less for wrong?
I personally like the idea, but dont you geat some xp for the kill at least? :p
That's what led me to think there should be balance. Right now, if you can kill the Werewolf (not too tough lvl 14), you are better served getting it wrong, killing for the XP, and then releasing Zenmo. This makes the intended penalty not really a penalty and there is no benefit for someone who had to trek all the way back to town, look at the names of the vendors, and return (assuming you didn't know the answer and wanted to make sure).

Azog

That's what led me to think there should be balance. Right now, if you can kill the Werewolf (not too tough lvl 14), you are better served getting it wrong, killing for the XP, and then releasing Zenmo. This makes the intended penalty not really a penalty and there is no benefit for someone who had to trek all the way back to town, look at the names of the vendors, and return (assuming you didn't know the answer and wanted to make sure)
Ah ok, i misunderstood you, in that case it's not a good idea. Dont really remember the quest since i did it by the way. But i like the idea of quests like "Dont shoot the Messenger", but with no rewards at the end hehe. Would also be a bit reallife. :p

Bliznit

I'd actually like to be able to kill the werewolf...but died the first time, then completed the quest without opening that other cage and was surprised to see the werewolf was gone.

can the other guy re-spawn even if you complete the quest without releasing him. maybe change the dialogue a bit and give him some kind of small reward/item drop?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll give it all some thought when I can afford it.

However consider, not all the players are experts like you guys. A dozen people/day dies to that werewolf.