[SPOILER] Tol Ascending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck123

Loreseeker
There is a line of dialogue when talking to tol where he tells you about the other two people who became gods with him, one died and one went insane, who do you think the one still living is?

My theory is Saradan the fire lord, he is super powerful and from talking to Bruno you get the idea that he is insane

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The common interpretation (well, at least my interpretation) is that Tol refers to the Three, which were his companions once. Arbenos and Nivaria went insane and retreated somewhere, Thelume still lives among the people.

Mod note: Added a spoiler tag to the topic heading.

Serhiy

I think Tol more elder than The Three. He was lives thousands years ago. And Three, I think they become gods it colonisation time 100 years ago, and destory Orogg Witches. Varanari were slaves of Tolassians after Tol dissapear . But its can be only reference.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Yeah, I also stumbled upon the timing issue. Well, my interpretation can still be correct, but it means that the Three idled a long time after betraying Tol, until finally revealing themselves by doing heroic deeds (like defeating the Witches of Orogg) many hundreds or thousands of years later. Probably they just had a nap too. ;)

But I would be very much interested in other interpretations...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing in-game implies they became gods during colonization; the colonists already meet them as godly beings, which they could have been for centuries already. Just saying.

Duck123

Loreseeker
I don’t think it was the three because tol says there were two others and they both stayed among the humans, oh and one died which I don’t think happened to any of the three

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Duck123":2fxexcdm said:
I don’t think it was the three because tol says there were two others and they both stayed among the humans, oh and one died which I don’t think happened to any of the three
Tol mentions three companions, two of which went insane. And he doesn't mention anything about a dying companion. I remember this quite exactly because I translated that dialogue recently.

Here's the original quote for reference:
"I didn't want to become a timeless being, nor I wanted to lose my personality, my identity, my physical body... my flaws. Yet I wanted the Divine Power. We four decided to do the same, becoming half-god, half-men, with disastrous consequences.
Human mind is too small of a vessel to contain such power and knowledge. I vaguely feel the distant presence of my old companions... Two of them went insane and tried to destroy themselves, their souls tormented by regrets; immortality is a cruel prision for them. They betrayed me, feared me. I pity them."

Duck123

Loreseeker
Oh and TRIED to destroy themselves

I thought it said they did kill themselves, thanks for the original quote it’s been a while since I talked to tol

Duck123

Loreseeker
your right this does sound more like the three, although I didn’t think Arbenos and Nivaria we’re insane

p4ran0id

Staff member
Could it be that he belongs to the Muud'ari?

The pointy Tool in Ark of Lothasan reveals something similar about immortality! So maybe they are part of this group or at least had access to the terminal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.