[SPOILER] Tol Ascending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Rapper

"You enter a trance of confusing dreams. You see the interior of a large tent, in which three men and one woman argue over a map. They speak proud and threatening words to each other and leave angrily. Outside, from the shadows of an endless labyrinth of tents, famished faces look at them with resignation."

I think that this vision is related to the Tol and The Three arguing about a map that lead to this oh-so-powerful Numina Stone (maybe), since any other vision that you'll later revealed is pretty spot on (1st is about The Deep Lords summon the portal, the 2nd is the Imperial Collapsing, the 4th is about the prequel of "The Lost Kingdom" quest and the last is about David's next project)

Duck123

Loreseeker
I always thought that was the colonization of varranar but it could be tol and the three

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting guess by Grim Rapper, but it's just coincidence that it's a woman and three men. That scene is from year 1 After the Exile, the failure to proclaim a new Emperor and the proclamation of the Exiled Kingdoms shortly after, with the four people present in the vision being their first rulers. The other scenes are interpreted correctly.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":3w4gy9u5 said:
Interesting guess by Grim Rapper, but it's just coincidence that it's a woman and three men. That scene is from year 1 After the Exile, the failure to proclaim a new Emperor and the proclamation of the Exiled Kingdoms shortly after, with the four people present in the vision being their first rulers. The other scenes are interpreted correctly.
Seems like I fell for the same interpretation as Grim Rapper. I could have sworn that this scene describes The Three and Tol... :lol:

Thanks for clarifying. Your "interpretation" makes of course more sense, David, now that I come to think about it.

Grim Rapper

DavidBVal":wne8avdh said:

But the in-game hint and literature didn't really support it (although you're the GODDAMN Developer, and Im just a mere player lol) that much.

Following that, I'll quote Archbishop Dilla's word regarding the Duremas and the Oppalian Frontier (which is the only lead towards the current Tol and The Three backgrounds)

1. When asked about the book being stolen
"We don't know much Duremas has been acting strangely for several days,
and one morning we found a dead knight and both Duremas and the book missing.
We send knights to follow him, but none returned. I'm very grateful that you're intrevened."

2. When asked about the book itself
"The Oppalian Frontier is nothng but an adventure novel; you've probably read it yourself. Its true value esides in its antiquity; it is a valuable source of information about the early Empire"

Follow up when asked about the story of the book
"A very inane story. Jorum and his fellow learn the legends of the Numina Stones, and their incredible powers. In the end the four of them defeated an evil wizard and recover the stones, gaining great powers."

Follow up when asked about Jorum's companions
"(She seems bored about the topic)Let me remember... I recall a powerful war priest, a powerful sorcerer, and a gentle priest which acted as a healer. It's all very predictable and uninteresting."

Follow up when asked about cleric's power sources (Int 2 pass check)
"Hmmm... exaggerations and nonsense, I am sure. (She looks upset). Everybody knows The Three is the only true faith."

Follow up when being teased ebout the faith crisis
"I seriously doubt it. Many of us have read the same book after all."

3. When asked about borrowing the book
"I was afraid it was decided to burn it. The families of Duremas'es victims wanted it to be destroyed, and the Church agreed to their request."

Follow up when trying to investigate Duremas'es Madness
"Believe me, our sages went through the whole book and didn't find anything upsetting, much less mind-wrecking. Sadly, Duremas simply lost his sanity, theres nothing else to this

4. When asked about Duremas himself
"Before his madess he was regarded as a great man, admired because of his humility, courage and dedication. For twenty years he was Guardian of Faith, then became an instrucctor of the young priests."

Follow up about the Guardian of Faith entitlement
"It is a position of grat oauthority. The Guardian is the ultimate judge regarding heresies and wrongness in the doctrine. If priests spread false teachings,
the Guardian of Faith must put an end to it. He had to face many difficult situation."

Follow up to his difficult situation
"(She looks saddened)A decade ago his own son Idaron became a heretic,
claiming The Three had once been mortals which ascended to Divinity. Such unbelieveable blasphemy! It saddens me that too many follow this wrong intrepretation of the Book of the Moon. Duremas couldn't do anything but sentencing him to death."

If you questioning the decision
"He could have lived if only he had agreed to abandon the Church, but he insisted on calling himself a Priest of the Church of The Three while spreading his lies.
Duremas tried everything but in the end he had no other option. He suffered greatly and shortly after he stepped down as Guardian of Faith."

If instead agreeing on the decision of sentence
"I see you are a strict observant... But remember Thelume has taught us to be tolerant, allowing everyone to believe what they will. However Idaon didn't leave us any other option."

Follow up to the option Idaon didn't provide
"He could have lived if only he had agreed to abandon the Church, but he insisted on calling himself a Priest of the Church of The Three while spreading his lies.
Duremas tried everything but in the end he had no other option. He suffered greatly and shortly after he stepped down as Guardian of Faith."

Based on this main source (among other reliable info from Duremas, Iagus'es vision and the Tol himself (itself?) there's several lead that we can predict for the outstanding outcome of Priest rebellion against The Three:

1. The fact that The Three is indeed once a mortal being and ascended to Divinity by something (The Numina Stones?), based by Tol's word and the Oppalian Frontier's story

2. The cleric's power is not from The Three, based on Duremas'es last word

3. The cleric and mage share the same capabilites, based on the Jorum's companion is a sorcerer (which is predicted as The Three origin)

Xen

Loreseeker
I think there's conspiracy among the priests but I don't have any idea what they are plotting, based on the clues surely there is a traitor but it is not clear if that person is being manipulated or not, or maybe succumbed to darkness just like what happened to the Abbot in the Abbey of Saint Admus.

VDX_360

Staff member
Grim Rapper":8msk6ik0 said:
I think that this vision is related to the Tol and The Three...
First and foremost, I like how much effort you put into using the in-game text to support your idea. On it's face, the dream, as vague as it is, lends itself to the either the first wave of rulers of EK, or the a meeting between four people that could be Tol and the Three. Vague visions do offer as much confusion as insight :)

But, keep in mind David's clear statement on the matter, that seen was part of a series of images of the history of EK, from the exile to the return.

mashedpotatogin

But the in-game hint and literature didn't really support it (although you're the GODDAMN Developer, and Im just a mere player lol) that much.

Following that, I'll quote Archbishop Dilla's word regarding the Duremas and the Oppalian Frontier (which is the only lead towards the current Tol and The Three backgrounds)

1. When asked about the book being stolen
"We don't know much Duremas has been acting strangely for several days,
and one morning we found a dead knight and both Duremas and the book missing.
We send knights to follow him, but none returned. I'm very grateful that you're intrevened."

2. When asked about the book itself
"The Oppalian Frontier is nothng but an adventure novel; you've probably read it yourself. Its true value esides in its antiquity; it is a valuable source of information about the early Empire"

Follow up when asked about the story of the book
"A very inane story. Jorum and his fellow learn the legends of the Numina Stones, and their incredible powers. In the end the four of them defeated an evil wizard and recover the stones, gaining great powers."

Follow up when asked about Jorum's companions
"(She seems bored about the topic)Let me remember... I recall a powerful war priest, a powerful sorcerer, and a gentle priest which acted as a healer. It's all very predictable and uninteresting."

Follow up when asked about cleric's power sources (Int 2 pass check)
"Hmmm... exaggerations and nonsense, I am sure. (She looks upset). Everybody knows The Three is the only true faith."

Follow up when being teased ebout the faith crisis
"I seriously doubt it. Many of us have read the same book after all."

3. When asked about borrowing the book
"I was afraid it was decided to burn it. The families of Duremas'es victims wanted it to be destroyed, and the Church agreed to their request."

Follow up when trying to investigate Duremas'es Madness
"Believe me, our sages went through the whole book and didn't find anything upsetting, much less mind-wrecking. Sadly, Duremas simply lost his sanity, theres nothing else to this

4. When asked about Duremas himself
"Before his madess he was regarded as a great man, admired because of his humility, courage and dedication. For twenty years he was Guardian of Faith, then became an instrucctor of the young priests."

Follow up about the Guardian of Faith entitlement
"It is a position of grat oauthority. The Guardian is the ultimate judge regarding heresies and wrongness in the doctrine. If priests spread false teachings,
the Guardian of Faith must put an end to it. He had to face many difficult situation."

Follow up to his difficult situation
"(She looks saddened)A decade ago his own son Idaron became a heretic,
claiming The Three had once been mortals which ascended to Divinity. Such unbelieveable blasphemy! It saddens me that too many follow this wrong intrepretation of the Book of the Moon. Duremas couldn't do anything but sentencing him to death."

If you questioning the decision

If instead agreeing on the decision of sentence
"I see you are a strict observant... But remember Thelume has taught us to be tolerant, allowing everyone to believe what they will. However Idaon didn't leave us any other option."

Follow up to the option Idaon didn't provide

Based on this main source (among other reliable info from Duremas, Iagus'es vision and the Tol himself (itself?) there's several lead that we can predict for the outstanding outcome of Priest rebellion against The Three:

1. The fact that The Three is indeed once a mortal being and ascended to Divinity by something (The Numina Stones?), based by Tol's word and the Oppalian Frontier's story

2. The cleric's power is not from The Three, based on Duremas'es last word

3. The cleric and mage share the same capabilites, based on the Jorum's companion is a sorcerer (which is predicted as The Three origin)
Hold on is there a glitch that prevents the (int 2) dialogue check, it doesn't seem to work no matter what order i did it.

Years late i am, but be appreciated if anyone swings by with advise

VDX_360

Staff member
@mashedpotatogin , Commenting on a post from three years ago is very much a necro post. I'm not sure what question you're asking either. Since the game has changed a lot in 3 years, I'm not sure how to guess your question.

So, let's trouble shoot this, okay?

I'm locking THIS thread to address the necro-post / outdated game information issue.

Bue, feel WARMLY invited to post a band new thread asking your question, with pertinent details. I look forward to helping you find the answer.

VDX

Status
Not open for further replies.