Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Kakost Oh! You're heading to the old Forsaken Hideout soon? Cold Trail is an awesome quest. Extremely difficult, and worth it. Combustion is an extremely powerful spell. With it you become a walking nuclear bomb loll.

VDX_360

Staff member
There was a time when Mages got less mana. Arcanist helped a lot.

Now, with Mages tend to have a decent mana surplus so Arcanist isn't as helpful.

However, for some mana intensive builds, it can be helpful.

Summon + Staff builds likely have enough mana to spam a few summons and use high-powered staves without too many issues. Just bring a no-cost staff as a back-up item.

Spell + Staff builds on the other hand, might burn through their mana pretty fast.

I --think-- a good balance would to have decrease all mana use (even from spells and scrolls), and give a tiny damage bonus. But that becomes it's own mess.

So maybe not adjusting the skill was the best option at the last re-balancing.

Kakost

I have all my 3 elemental spells at 4, finally. Pretty pretty powerful. And I dont find it to be so hard on the mana - but of course, Im pretty conservative with its use, trying to save as much as possible its just sometimes unavoidable, like when Griss falls or a gang go after me.

But it's pretty manageable. Of course, having 400+ mana helps a great deal.

But here is the thing, if you're not ready to play without zaping everything that moves, you cant play Mage. You cant just expect to throw a fireball at everything that crosses your path.

By my experience with it, Im sure there would be many people that will struggle with this, which is probably why so many people complain that its hard or that is "weak in the early game".

Im even thinking about removing the points I placed on the extra mana skill. I'll do it once I reset

Rk01

it's not the first rogue I've done, but this one in particular is being very fun and immersive for me, I decided to opt for a rogue more focused on stealth, walking in the shadows, without companions, I gave up the dodge to walk stealthily murdering my targets in the back without them noticing my presence, and even though there are more enemies, they don't have time to react, I'm traveling around the Varar in search of places with valuable items to steal without being seen, like the assassin's set I got by looting the deserters' chest from the Mercian legion, matches the character's stance perfectly, there's still plenty to explore, plenty of places to loot in the shadows and targets to assassinate!

Last edited:

Mad Dal

I started again the other day. Created a female rogue called Lysette Vivet (I used the RNG (Random Name Generator))

Current level, traits and skills are;
Lysette Vivet, Lvl 15
Str 3
End 3
Agi 3
Int 2
Awa 3
Per 2

Skills;
Stab 2
Evasion 2
Kick 2
Trap Master 2
Stealth 1
Sneak Attack 1
Archery 1
Sprint 1

I haven't used any of the Ancient Tolassian Tomes yet

Kyoji

LV 24 ...
It was something difficult , dramatic and rough ...
Now I try to gather up things for doing the same for LV 25 ...

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I started again the other day. Created a female rogue called Lysette Vivet (I used the RNG (Random Name Generator))

Current level, traits and skills are;

That relatively high STR, low AGI, too big a mix of social skills. You might be also spreading your skills out too thin. IMO you should go Archery OR Melee. Plenty of build threads to look through.

lucekek

Trying to finish off the tank build, but cannot get all items due to Adaon's death, still got Ark to complete.