Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

VDX_360

Staff member
@Kyoji , you have a few questions mixed all in there. It tends to be better to ask separate questions in their own place.

There's a few threads that discuss the very question you ask, too.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Kyoji , I'm a little confused about your math. Typing error or misreading the damage equation.

The damage for Stab is pretty straight forward.

Kyoji

Well ... About maths : normally I remember that at LV 4 stab does damage + 10 + character LV × 2 so... If I will reach LV 100 , I guess at least hitting the enemy with a 200 would be not just a dream .

Kyoji

Now I am LV 18 and I completed Grissenda' s personal quest .
Anyway , I must tell that Grissenda' s quest was something difficult , no really , without quick saving and a guide , I guess It wouldn' t be possibile ( Just my opinion and yes I am a newbie so I am playing in Easy mode , but I could say that It was not and enjoyable quest for sure ).

I edit this post for write that now I reached LV 19 .

2' edit : reached LV 20 .

3' edit : now I touched Lv 21 .

Last edited:

Kakost

Elementalist Mage lvl 16
Str 0, End 2 (3), Agility 4, Int 6 (8), Awa 2 (4), Per 3 (4)
Lightning 3, Fireball 3, Blizzard 3, Mage Armor 2, Staff 4, Mana Fountain 2, Gate 2 (yes yes, I know Gate is rather newbie-shie, but I am a noobye, besides I'll reset it in the future. Right now, it does give a lot of utility).

My very first Char, playing on Iron Mode; I know it is regarded as hard to play and what not, but I have been having a ton of fun with it, and havent found it to be hard to play at all, at least once you learn how to hide behind Griss and unleash tons of spells when not possible. I found it to be actually easy to play, and I strongly recommend others to try it out - just remember that your role is not to rush into danger like a maniac, but rather to play smartly and safe, and use this build strong spells to dispose of strong enemies when needed.

There has been a few spots where I struggled - obviously, places that are too crowded with crits in too open spaces. You can quickly dispatch enemies with spells, but that is too Mana demanding. My Mana pool is actually large, 300+ Mana, but even then it becomes a liability. Of course, if you have enough Mana potions, it's not really an issue, but money has been tight. From my experience so far, in order to properly use the Elementalist, you need to paradoxically relly on your spells as least as possible. The Elementalist Mage's best friend is actually, his Staff, which is why I have it at lvl 4. Also, so far, I havent felt the need to push Mage Armor beyond lvl 2, nor the need to increase Endurance, since if played well, you'll rarely ever get hit, except when you make a small mistake, so Mage Armor is more for the traps than for "tanking".

Best companion here is Griss, absolutely and beyond any doubt. Griss is much more durable than Hirge, wont consume Mana pots, and her Bash and Whirlwind, even at lvl 1, will greatly help to push enemies away from you, and her Cleave also helps to keep enemies pinned down at her, instead of being aggro to you, which is exactly what you need, thus sometimes you can kill 3 enemies at once just with your staff, without taking a single hit or spending a single Mana.

Lvl progression so far: I started with End 1 and Agi 2 at lvl 1, with Lightning 1.

The reason why I favor Staff over Wand is because you add +2 Damage per Int at Staff Mastery; arguably, at the very early game, Wand is better, but you really dont need it in the early game, this build is pretty good early on. And later on, when your Int goes above 5, it becomes absolutely superior to Wand.

Do the first quests in Lannegar (Goblin Hunt, Rescue and Ingredients), which you should have no problem doing (zap the goblins, finish with the knife), and dont worry about using your 2 rests. Reach lvl 2, go South and turn to Kingsbriedge, move south from there into Northern Inori, taking care to avoid any enemies.

Lvl 2 you'll add:
Int 1, Per 1, Fireball 1, Staff 1

With Int 1, go take the quest from the guy on the side of the Temple of the 11. With Int 1, he'll tell you where the Magistrate's house is for free. Go straight to there to do the "Message in a Letter" quest, which trust me, will be super easy. All your rests will be replenished.

Now, for the first guy there, start with a fireball and throw a zap at him in the sequence. Dead. Go to the room on the left with some equip, just run past the guard, take the equip, get to Adaon, release and equip him, and the very first part which most people finds troublesome is done as easy as pie. Now just let Adaon do the heavy lifting here, just avoid the Minotaur and the squeletons guarding the chest with the best staff you'll have for a long time, finish the dungeon aways taking care to push Adaon in front of you, exit the sewers and go back to the Magistrate's house. Now go back to the sewers from where you came from and take the loot you left out.

Now you are lvl 3, and the items you get from the Unknow Dungeon will basically make you immortal up to level 7, with the best staff of the early game. Not to mention that you now have a companion early on, instead of having to runby solo. Get back to Lannegar and go West to take Griss, which will be a literal walk in the park, since not only will you be lvl 3 with good items, but you'll also have Adaon to somewhat "tank" for you. Take Griss, and the world is your oyster.

At lvl 3:
Get Int 2, Staff 1, Mage Armor 1.

Lvl 4:
Get Per 2, Staff 2

Lvl 5:
Awa 1, Mana Spring 1 (1 trait and 1 skill left in reserve)

This will leave your Elementalist with End 1, Agi 2, Int 2, Awa 1, Per 2 at lvl 5, with the skills Lightning 1, Fireball 1, Blizzard 1, Mage Armor 1, Staff 2, Mana Spring 1. Pretty solid and well balanced.

From here, at lvl 6 you get to Agi 3. The reason for favoring Agi over Int is because early on your Staff Mastery aint fully mature, so you wont be getting the full +2 damage per Int, and thus Agi is actually better. Also, the same apply for Awa 2; getting to Awa 2 requires 3 trait points, the same amount needed for Int 3, for the same +1 damage, thus after Agi 3 on lvl 6, it's why you'll go to Awa 2 at lvl 7 (not counting Tomes). Afterwards you'll save to reach Int 4 (at lvl 11, if you chose to give all tomes to Griss). Then you get End 2, Int 5, Agi 4, Per 3 and after that everything goes to Int, both for Mana, Perception and damage.

For skills, you push all the way towards Staff 4, then go for Lightning 2, Fireball 2, Mana Pool 2 (sorry, I really cant remember the name of the Mage's skill that increases Mana), Blizzard 2, Lightning 3, Mage Armor 2, Fireball 3 and Blizzard 3 which will get you all the way to where I am at lvl 16 (actually I also got Gate 2, which is highly optional).

For Griss, prioritize End and Str, get 1 lvl of each one of Bash (first thing), followed by Whirlwind, Cleave and Fury. Get Cleave lvl 2, than Shield Mastery 3, and go for Bash 3, and finally Cleave 3.

Im absolutely in love with this build, sorry for the massive post but I wanted to share my game experience so far.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Kakost I applaud you, good sir, for having the skill Gate! You are a true Traveler Mage! Walking is for muggles loll.

If I may, I must insist you try the electric force field Mage Barrier. It's my favorite spell (with Gate of course), and it is in my opinion, by far, the most powerful skill in all the game. Somehow it seems I'm the only one to think that, so either I'm a genius or a moron, not sure loll. But in all seriousness, it is the best way to maximize mana. The force field deals a total of 240 shock damage for a small 16 mana!

Full Disclosure: I am sponsored by the Thuram Academy and receive a 1 gold commission each time a wizard casts Mage Armor.

Kakost

Full Disclosure: I am sponsored by the Thuram Academy and receive a 1 gold commission each time a wizard casts Mage Armor.
Haha thanks. I got Gate because money is still a bit short, I havent made it to the Ark, whatever that is, which seems to make all money trouble vanish in the air, but so far Im still not swimming in it, althought right now I have enough for refilling all the potions I use, which not even that was possible before (so I always did things without using a single potion at all, unless if about to die).

Lvl 19 now, I finally maxed all my 3 elemental spells, and that's pretty powerful, things just got far easier right now, with me disposing of enemies in instants. Places I was afraid to go, I managed to clear with very little trouble.

I also tried to reset and build summoner with Iron Golem and holy guacamole, it sucks big time lol. My spells are simply too powerful not to want them, so I reverted back, full Elementalist all back again. I still want Arcanist, Mage Barrier and Golem... Too much stuff, so few points. Not to mention I'll do Cold Trail soon to also get Combustion and Death Cloud so... I dont think I'll be getting anything else anytime soon.

Once Im floating in cash, I'll reset Gate and use only scrolls. My Mage Armor is only lvl 2, my End is only 2 (3), I have less than 150 hp with 400 mana, my mage is juper squish but pack a super punch, so getting hit is something I always avoid, therefore damaging enemies with Mage Barrier isnt exactly the best for my health.

Besides, "defense" for me is just another funny way to say "attack!"

Kakost

@Kakost just so you know: Arcanist in it's nature is also a mana potion saving convince skill with minor combat value. Just like Gate.
Yes, I have also been thinking about that too. I was after Arcanist so heavily before because my mid game was very poor. But now Im starting to get consistant surpluses, even while playing very loose on potions (I still try to preserve my energies as best as possible, but at least now my blood pressure dont go up when I have to spend a single potion). So, keeping up this trend, I think I can just ignore Arcanist entirely and just keep drinking my blue nectars as if there was no tomorrow, and save the points for the truly cool stuff