The Prodigal Daughter problem, am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycaan

Level 18 Mage here working on the prodigal daughter quest. I spoke with the flame prophet, gave her the eggs but did not receive the charm necessary to kick off the battle with the under mother. When I looked up the item I needed I immediately recognized it from earlier in the game. I know I obtained it and pawned it off before I even embarked on the quest. At this point in the quest I've agreed to fight the under mother but without the charm I can't do it. What do I do?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
First of all, you cannot get Zuz'sare's Charm before bringing her the Vorator Eggs. And once you got it, you can neither sell it nor throw it away (because it is a quest item). So whatever you think you sold, it wasn't the Charm. Maybe you confuse it with another kind of scroll with the same or a similar icon.

There is only one way you might have missed the Charm: If your inventory was full at the time you handed in the Vorator Eggs, the Charm is dropped to the ground and you get a warning message. If you ignore the warning and leave the Charm, it will be lost forever once the area resets, rendering the quest impossible to complete.

So do you remember any such warning? If not, it's likely that you received the Charm and maybe put it into the Bag of Holding or one of your chests. Have a look there (it displays as a plain sheet of parchment).

And just to be sure you are in the correct stage of the quest: What does your journal currently say?

VDX_360

Staff member
Question: Once you agree to get the eggs does that lock in the quest, or can you still fight the Flame Prophet and Undermother?

Trying to determine how much in limbo dropping the charm would be. I don't think I've come across this exact issue before.

Lycaan

Thanks for the reply. I am a new user to the forum and I was expecting a notification or something to let me know I had a reply so sorry for the delay.

To answer your questions, my journal entry in the quest says that she has transformed permanently into a human and that we have agreed on a plan to destroy the Undermother. Lastly it says that she has prepared a charm. I previously checked the area for the dropped charm with no luck but I will check again. I also do not remember any warning that I was leaving a charm behind I just realized that I didn't have the charm despite having delivered the eggs. I'm hoping I missed it and I find it. Say for some reason it is lost, will I be unable to complete the game? I remember reading in game that there are more than enough shards in the game to complete, is that so?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Lycaan":y4lnemv2 said:
Say for some reason it is lost, will I be unable to complete the game? I remember reading in game that there are more than enough shards in the game to complete, is that so?

No, don't worry. There is an infinite amount of shards in the game (until you complete the quest), killing the undermother or the daughter isn't necessary to finish the game. There are several other enemies who drop them and if you miss them too you can use the rumor bosses, they have also a chance to drop that item (earlier in game that was the only way to get all of them). So even without killing them you can finish the game (my last 2 runs I left both of them completely out). You only will miss an item, but it's not that good, in sunken citadel or ark you'll find better armor

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... ds_of_Fate

Lolerescut

Try to go to undermother and save before fighting her zesure should spawn when you start the fight and use the charm on her if it didnt work try talking to zesure again it might be a glitch i honestly only agreed to help zesure only once and i dont remember taking the charm

Elsid.mh

To be honest , for me , I am stuck on making a decision about which one to kill, and even why should I kill any of this two! They don't seem evil...
The young queen wants to live a peaceful life, undermother is also not a danger to any one!
Lol, I feel corrupted by shards if I kill any!!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.