The Shamans' Way: New play diary (Summoner Cleric)

Kakost

Ok so, I was unable to kill the Troll King for now... It kills both Griss and Wolf too damn fast. Damn. I'll get back to it at a later time.

Now Im taking a trip over the Mausoleum, and I decided that, if 3 is good, imagine 4?

Now, I know I know, hiring mercs is a bit of a meme, but I had to see by myself how it is to have a "fantastic 4" lead by my Cleric Supporter... With Heal and B.Prayer, I need to see how that goes.

So, I have Restless Dead to do, and I want the Tome of Necromancy, the Tolassian Tome and I want to kill the Lich, so there's plenty to do here. I think it will be fairly easy to do so.

Kakost

Now, the Mausoleum has been cleared. I took the Necromancy tome for the loreseekers, I took the tolassian tome, I killed the Lich which was a little troublesome but not as hard as I thought, using weapons with eletric element helped a lot, B.Prayer adds a lot to the efficiency of my team, and my Wolf doing spirit damage also helps a lot, and with heals it were pretty straightforward. Sacred Fire also helped A LOT throughout all of the Mausoleum. Aint nothing better to vanish tons of undead than that spell, or the pretty tough ones.

I also got the fire resistance boots, that part gave me a bit of trouble due to all the annoying fire - and I have close to none fire resistance.

Oh yes, I also finished Restless Dead obviously.

Oh yes, and as a plus, I also got to lvl 16.

So here where I stand right now:

Pretty balanced, and now I decided that I dont really need any more Per (or Int for the matter), so I got Str 4; I'll probably go End 3, so pretty balanced char all around.

For my skills, now I got everything in motion. My Heal is finally lvl 3, so that's gonna be a big boost to my supporting capabilities during the middle of a battle.

Now, next lvl (17) I'll get B.Prayer 2, I'll do Adaon's quest right now so that I can already have B.Prayer 3 by lvl 18, and after that I'll buy Flames of Faith in the sequence of the next other 3 lvls, so everything is already in their proper place (Im so close now that I can almost feel it).

If just with B.Prayer at a mere lvl 1 Im already feeling mighty powerful, I can barely wait for this build to be fully complete.

So, that's it guys. The plan is doing Adaon's quest next (I wanted to do Griss quest in the sequence but I shit myself just to think of it), so Im not entirely sure where Im gonna be heading over right now. Hmm... Maybe kill the Flame Prophet? No no, too soon. Bah. I'll need to look the quests list to decide. But Adaon's is next, after that I'll see

Kakost

Ok, I just finish the quest of sister... Something. I forgot the name. The one that was... Well, that would be a spoiler. The one that went missing after going north to try to convert some "rough" "wildmen" there.

After that, I'll do "protect the outpost".

Ah, I need to take Adaon for a walk... Find the beggar... So annoying, but anyway. I'll be lvl 17 soon enough.

I still havent done "Tipping the Scales". I barely dont have any fire resistance, no rings nothing. I just got the boots from the Mausoleum, but that's barely enough thou. Once I do have some more, I'll do that quest too
Post automatically merged:    

Ok, today I just fooled around a bit, not doing anything exactly important. Yes, I still want to spend some quality time with Adaon, but you know, he's Adaon, so...

Anyways, I decided to hit the Maze once again, since it was a long time since I was last there, and when I did it was a bit hard, too mana expensive too.

This time however, things were A LOT easier. Im still on a very avarice mindset, so Im kinda refusing to use potions... I started "Orbs of Galade", I took the first one from the Crazy Mino, I still need to get the ones from the Spider and the Zombie Dragon, it's fine, I teleported away because I had no further rests - yes, the potions I have would be more than enough, but again, Im not having any of that.

With my skill set right now however, Im completely recking all those Minos, even large groups of them.

Now, the Maze is a great farming ground, so I accidentally ended up farming a bit there on my way. Enough for me to buy a Str belt for Griss and a bit more, so I decided to reset my girl.

Now, Gris is a 2H warrior, this will greatly increase damage. The only downside is that I dont really have many useful 2H weapons - I think I'll look on wiki where to find some.

I'll finish Orbs of Galade, get that great ring for Clerics, and do the other quests I have in mind.

One more lvl with Griss and I'll get her Fury back to lvl 2.

Last edited:

Kakost

Golden Cove bank successfully robbed. That was easy, althought I spent a ton of potions without any real need for it. Im just pretty claustrophobic about closed dungeons that I cannot escape except by completing them (one of the reasons why I keep giving a funny eye to Griss quest pulsing on my journal), so in my panick attack I used 20 mana potions instead of using my 2 rests. Oh well, it's life.

Anyways, lvl 17 now, so my B.Prayer got improved to lvl 2, and I can already feel the difference. And it was so beautiful having Zilda as a temporary 4th member and seeing my buffs one her too (on that note, I can barely wait to do SoH and have a 4th member spoiler there being buffed by me too).

Griss got 1 lvl too, so now I bought her Fury back to lvl 2, and with all that I feel I achieved a huge power up for the time being.

Oh yes, I killed the Kurgua King too. That one was a bit problematic, and I almost died in a dumb way but ultimately I came to my senses and remembered that I have potions.

So, there we have it for today.

Kakost

Trial and Error (Adaon's Quest) is completed. That was fairly easy to do. Im now Im almost lvl 18, and everything is set for buying lvl 3 of B.Prayer, probably one more quest and I'll be there.

And my first point on Flames of Faith is very, very close. I can barely wait for feeling the taste of it.

I guess it's time to kill the King of Korne, but I'll have to dump Adaon in order to take Griss back. Lets see if this enemy will be a tough one to beat (probably it will).

Neponde

Heads up.. King of Korne is significantly harder than he would appear. Be well prepared.

Kakost

Heads up.. King of Korne is significantly harder than he would appear. Be well prepared.
Im well aware. It were however, disappointely easy with Elementalist. But that was the only build ever that made this guy be easy hahaha. Well, I suppose Rogue must be easy too. But Im pretty sure that with everybody else it will be very hard.

Now, I finally started my dungeon cleaning that was long in the making. I finally killed the Troll King and the Enraged one. And I just eliminated Araim Darkflames from Irazur's tomb. A bunch of Tolassian Tomes helped me pump my Str to 5 - I already have all the mana I need and want, I dont really need more HP, thus let us cause more damage.

Next up I need to clear some Vorators and there's a cave filled with Ice Imps, white wolves and an Ice Dragon waiting for me.

So, now it's time to clear all my unfinished businesses before moving foward.

Oh yes, and King of Korne is one of those. But hey, nobody can judge me for wanting to add 1 extra lvl on my shoulders and having B.Prayer 3 before going for the heavy guy, right? So, I'll clean the rest before going to meet the big boy...

Finally. Lvl 18. B.Prayer max.

Now I'll start the road for the Flames of Faith. Finally. So close. Just 3 more lvls, and the build is fully complete; anything else will just be a bonus (and I havent planned yet for what skills to take from lvls 22 to 25).

Vorators cave also cleared. Of course, all of those were pretty pretty easy. My Cleric is now pretty powerful, so of course those were easy.

Hum... Now I'll take down the Ice Dragon, and after that I'll farm some red dragons scales.

Last edited:

Kakost

Turning the Scales, Defend the Outpost and Dead God quests all completed. And they were all very, very easy.

I gotta say, Im feeling pretty powerful as of right now, and most of the time I dont even recall that Im playing on Iron Man. Honestly, this game has been feeling like playing on Easy Mode. Griss and Wolf with B.Prayer 3 just feels so utterly easy to play. I killed the red dragon on the Deep Cauldron so so easy. Granted, going there as a lvl 18 is probably an overkill.

Dead God likewise was super easy. Not only Im lvl 18 and this build is so good, but Im also a Cleric, thus fighting Undeads may not be the best metric to measure myself but still, such a walk at the park.

Im going to kill the Ice Dragon in that cave where we find Latimer's son's body. After that, I'll go kill a certain someone on Icemist (it's a spoiler). You know, Im finishing up all of the last remaining issues that I left up from previous lvls, before going for the late game quests (Ashen Cape, Sunken Citadel, Ark and some annoying witches) and the Cursed Abbey.

Hmm... I wonder if the Cursed Abbey is feasible at lvl 18 or 19. I may try that out.

Ah dammit, I forgot I still need to do Hirge's and Griss quests... I hate those.

Oh, I still need to do "Human Resources". Maybe I'll start with that.

Oh yes, and I also need to take down the King of Korne. So, those are all the loose ends in need of some closure.

And Cold Trail. Da, Im really slacking, what have I being doing all this time...

Kakost

Now, I've done "...and the Abyss gazed back" and "The Poisoned River" quests, piece of cake, and I also finished cleaning the last dungeon that I hadnt before. This time I went back to the Desecrated Ruins, where you find Syllara's heart to get the Amulet of Dark Whispers. I killed both the Lich and Dragon there. Oh yes, and I also did "The Missing Missionary".

So, with that all of the easy ones have been completed. Now the late game truly begins. I guess I'll need to do me a few rumor bosses for the last black shards and that's it.

Oh... And perhaps now it is due time to do Griss quest. Lets hope I am strong enough for that.

So, Im lvl 19 now and... Finally with Flames of Faith! ALELLUYA!

Praise be the Three for the strenght and courage to endure it all and come so far, glory to Thelume that in his wisdom enlightened my path so that I could make those right decisions.

Thus, this end game is looking quite promissing after all. And Im feeling very powerful and bold.

Hmm... Perhaps I should test my new flames under a certain Hidalix dragon at the forsaken fortress... Or use it to take on the King of Korne. We'll see.

Last edited:

Kakost

So, now that Im lvl 19 I have had the opportunity to finally test this build to its fullest. Granted, my Flames of Faith is still merely lvl 1, still I can confidently say that I already managed to notice a massive difference. And I had a few good spots to truly test that letal combination of buffed Wolf (with Summoner 3) plus B.Prayer and Flames of Faith, and the final verdict is that it is awesome, incredible and super powerful, and this is a combo that synergies 105% well. Truly. I barely almost never even touch my potions AT ALL. Just my 2 rests and many uses of my healing skill are more than enough to get me through most quests so far.

My Heal 3 keeps my pet wolf healthy are all times, which is one major problem for Summoner Mages for instance, but nonexistent for the Shaman (summoner cleric). I rarely have to recast my wolf at all; usually I summon it once and just keep healing as needed.

B.Prayer is insanely powerful for my team, and I usually only use it against thought foes or thought fights against multiple enemies.

Flames of Faith is absolutely incredible. I've been able to keenly analyze its efficiency during Hirge's quest at Mount Orogg and once again with Griss at Castle Storm. By the way, Castle Storm has never been easier. With all my buffs and heals and what-have-you, this has been far easier than previous attemps (also, I did it at lvl 19, so it was kind of late, so there's that too). That one costed me 37 mid mana potions and 3 mid hp potions, but still... And Flames of Faith was incredible against the vampires.

And no, I have zero mana issues; Castle Storm is a point out of the curve. In any other dungeons, I can use B.Prayer, FoF, Sacred Fire and Heals as needed and still do it without using potions.

And yes, between FoF and Sacred Fire for nuking opponents and between B.Prayer and Heal to buff my team, this is quite the arsenal that I have at my disposal.

Now, Im just 1 black shard short of going to Ashen Cape and start farming at the Sunken Citadel.

But yeah, pretty solid and powerful build, and FoF works perfectly for it.

Gr8Scott, that finally puts your doubts to rest. My mana pool is almost 300, and I no longer invest in either Int or Per, just Str now, and even then it's still more than enough for all my needs, so yeah, Sacred Fire, FoF, Heal and B.Prayer, I have 'em all and I can effectively use them all as needed without ever having troubles with mana for them.

That's it for today, until next time, moving foward for the last stages of the game.