Thief's Blade

Sounkeng

The Thief's blade description says that it is "a stylish and fast silvery weapon". I recommend that we either update the description so that it doesn't say that...

Or, better yet, add the silver property to the theif's blade

VDX_360

Staff member
I'd like to see a second tier of silver weapons... maybe even a second tier of were animals.

VDX_360

Staff member
A vampire isn't a were-beast. And were-beast are all animals. It's in the name. It would be easier to add a new tier of were-beasts (same graphic, just tougher) than it would be to introduce vampires. I could see how vampires could get dove-tailed in (new dungeon, with were-beasts and vampires, vampire king?), but it seems more work than tossing in a creature with more stats. Werewolf rumor boss would be nice too.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
VDX_360":19goqzrz said:
A vampire isn't a were-beast. And were-beast are all animals. It's in the name. It would be easier to add a new tier of were-beasts (same graphic, just tougher) than it would be to introduce vampires. I could see how vampires could get dove-tailed in (new dungeon, with were-beasts and vampires, vampire king?), but it seems more work than tossing in a creature with more stats. Werewolf rumor boss would be nice too.

A Vampire is an animal https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_bat
And i bet Baron Storme doesnt like garlic or sunlight

Xen

Loreseeker
it doesn't necessarily mean Silver is for were-beast alone but we know Silver is a weapon for vampires but as for programming purposes you can consider it(the vampire or other enemy) having were-beast tag just to ensure only silver can affect them and yeah I agree with Shady that vampire is a were beast because a Nosferatu is actually a half bat and a half man same as werewolves.

VDX_360

Staff member
Vampires are NOT were-beasts. Not in any of the original lore. Not in any of the original stories. Not any where. In some lore, vampires can change form (bat, wolf, mist etc) but a were-beast is more than being a shape-shifter.

Easy distinction: were-beasts are living. Vampires are un-dead. Totally different mythos.

VDX_360

Staff member
A Shady Traveler":2z21uaws said:
And I bet Baron Storme doesn't like garlic or sunlight
That story arc has yet to be flushed out so plenty of room to to speculate. He does have a large castle and a dark reputation.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
VDX_360":229d2el1 said:
Vampires are NOT were-beasts. Not in any of the original lore. Not in any of the original stories. Not any where. In some lore, vampires can change form (bat, wolf, mist etc) but a were-beast is more than being a shape-shifter.

Easy distinction: were-beasts are living. Vampires are un-dead. Totally different mythos.

Ok, i got your point, but vampires are clearly associated to vampire bats and in many stories (at least more recent ones) they are hurt by silver

images