Unofficial thread for cool names for Warrior builds

Kakost

So, I just noticed that every class has cool names for each of their "main builds", except for Warriors (and Clerics because screw them).

For instance, Mages have the "Arcane/Death Knights", "Elementalist" and "Summoner" builds.

Rogues have "Assassin" and "Archer" builds

Clerics... Well, screw them, but "Priest" build (church of the three) and "Paladin" build (warrior-cleric) are cool names

But for warriors... Just saying "Sword&Shield" or "2H" is so... Undeserving...

So, I claim all of the EK forumites to help me in my endeavor to create the epic names that this guys deserve, and to properly add the unofficial official titles for our beloved weapons masters.

So, my initial suggestions:
S&S: "Guardian", "Defender" or "Protector" Warriors
2H: "Destroyers"

Any other suggestions?

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, going make a slight edit to the OP's tittle. I think he meant "thread" not "threat." Slight difference there. And the phrase "unofficial official" is confusing, and misleading. Gonna make that just say "unofficial."

Atomos

I'll just leave it here:
Post in thread 'DPS is not everything.' DPS is not everything.
Edit: on second thought, let's make it: "choose your combo" deal:

1. Choose your weapon:
- Light - you're swift,
- 1h - you're stout,
- 2h - you're grand,
- ranged - no prefix for you!

2. Choose your mind shielding technique:
- Infantry man/woman (1h only, Shield expert + Infantry Training),
- Berserker (Fury + Battle rage),
- Ghostbuster (Spiritual Ward + spirit resistant gear),
- Saint (two or three of the above),
- Carrion fodder (none of the above).

3. Choose your damage dealing preference:
- cleave + duel + flurry - you're a grinder,
- charge and/or whirlwind - you're a smasher,
- Rapid fire + Fury + Bash + Precision shots - you're an archer.

The skills that I didn't mention:

4. Necessities for most warriors: Heavy-handed, Body Development, Massive Criticals, Precision Strikes or Precision Shots.

5. Good options for spare slots: Bloodlust, Magical Training.

My first warrior was a stout infantry man grinder :). What was yours?

Last edited:

Kakost

Are light weapons for a warrior as effective as other options? (except for bows, dont use bows as a warrior)

I mean, Flurry is fine obviously, but building on AGI will reduce so much of your HP from Body Development... Sure, some more defense, but defense is only for physical damage, and Im not sure that extra defense is better than a ton more life...

Also, while light weapons are faster, we got back to that situation on "DPS aint everything", light weapons have an average less damage than 1H (and a LOT less than 2H), so despite being faster wouldnt be so good against high armor.

But a "Swashbuckler" kind of warrior is a fun concept, so what general tips would you guys give for that specific kind of build? (not my current warrior, which is a "Infantryman Smasher", but a good light weapon build may peak my interest for a next run)
Post automatically merged:    

Also, going make a slight edit to the OP's tittle. I think he meant "thread" not "threat." Slight difference there. And the phrase "unofficial official" is confusing, and misleading. Gonna make that just say "unofficial."
Oh oh... Did I just "threated" all the warriors?

I mean, I always knew I am a megalomaniac Mage with world conquest tendencies, but I didnt know that my typical Mage superiority complex had reached so far...

My bad...

Kakost

@Kakost here you can see an excellent swift Saint grinder in action:
That guy is too legendary for me... Im much more humble in my capacities. But he is a good inspiration indeed.

Someday I'll try to kill a *SPOILER* like he did with his lvl 24 warrior and mage, but Im still far from it

Kakost

Swashbuckler is the most straightforward I could think

But a viable Monk... Oh that would absolutely incredible.

Magical training is the most D&D Rogue ever, an awesome concept for them.

It would be nice to have violins or flutes to play "Bard" (even thou they suck nevertheless)