Video Tutorial - From start to level 3

Eliadann

New Member
Joined
25/02/2016
Messages
141
Hi all,

I´ve made a video guide to go from start to level 3 in 20 minutes, and not dying of course. I complete six quests, show some basic warrior skills, some basic gear and moving around the free parts of the game. I considered to record my voice explaining here and there, but finally decided to put music on.

I will make a similar one (shorter maybe) in spanish with explanations. Feel free to share it around, and comments and suggestions for upcoming vis are of course welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTWpPJ-ZkMk

Thanks,

- Elia
 

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
11/01/2016
Messages
1,535
Yes, useful video, but also some things can be done better. For example, you slept at the inn when you still had 2 full health recoveries for 6 hours.

And, voice overs why you do what you do would come very handy for those who don't know how to play.
 

Ethan185

New Member
Joined
22/03/2016
Messages
138
Nice video man you just put like 3 of mine in one should have been like you
 

Eliadann

New Member
Joined
25/02/2016
Messages
141
Alan_SP":lumrf0o4 said:
Yes, useful video, but also some things can be done better. For example, you slept at the inn when you still had 2 full health recoveries for 6 hours.

And, voice overs why you do what you do would come very handy for those who don't know how to play.
I slept at the Inn to recover health bar, that was dropping very low. Now, I see your point about the voice. In a video tutorial should be better than music, the thing is kind of exhausting for a 20 min vid, to go chatting and explaining. I will do so, though, just need to sit and focus for half an hour hehe

Cheers,

- Elia
 

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
11/01/2016
Messages
1,535
Eliadann":2eg4m0h6 said:
I slept at the Inn to recover health bar, that was dropping very low.
I know why you slept at the inn, but you could use one full health recovery, after that when health bar is low, then you could go to sleep at inn, you'd recover health and one full health recovery (or, actually, half of them, as you can have 4 - at least you can have 4 with warrior, didn't play with other classes).
 

Eliadann

New Member
Joined
25/02/2016
Messages
141
See, it´s simpler.

Option 1) I do NOT rest and go to the quest with 2 recovery buttons and a low health bar;

Option 2) I do rest and go to the quest with 2 recovery buttons and a full health bar;

Did I make a critical mistake by spending 17 gold in a "maybe" unnecessary rest? Maybe.

- Elia
 

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
28/02/2015
Messages
6,092
Eliadann":39ejlog7 said:
See, it´s simpler.

Option 1) I do NOT rest and go to the quest with 2 recovery buttons and a low health bar;

Option 2) I do rest and go to the quest with 2 recovery buttons and a full health bar;

Did I make a critical mistake by spending 17 gold in a "maybe" unnecessary rest? Maybe.

- Elia
yeah delete that vid immediately :D
 

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
11/01/2016
Messages
1,535
Eliadann":29oii0t4 said:
Did I make a critical mistake by spending 17 gold in a "maybe" unnecessary rest? Maybe.
Of course you can play game differently than I do, but I just mentioned words "done better", certainly not "critical mistake".

We here even have people who could not get enough money to sleep at inn at all (at least one report).

You had your objective, I just commented from my play style what I would do and why.

That's all.
 

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
Joined
04/04/2016
Messages
327
Currently on level 6, I can say that this video is simply a head-start for the beginners. I wish i could have seen this before, it would have saved a lot of time.

Will check other videos on ur profile also. Keep it up.

PS: as suggested, voice over will be better but its all the matter of the time. I had plan to record the video for Flamedancer fight but missed due to my daughter's intervention (yes, i hav been consuming her time which i should try to reduce)
 

Top