Weapons for the cleric class

RPG GAMER.

So im starting a new cleric tell me what weapon shall i have in my hands in this levels : lvl 1_5... lvl 5_10....lvl 10_15....lvl15_20

Trace Da Cruz

With my cleric, I first trained agitlity, so I could use those light hammers, but there's no written rule for levels, as I remember, those Assault Orcs dropped a Thunder when I was above Lv10. You could advance in strength at Lv10, so you get the Crushing Ember in Tremadan's tower, From Lv16 on, I started using Saint Admus Sword, but is not mandatory, Just use the strongest you can find.
Post automatically merged:    

With my cleric, I first trained agitlity, so I could use those light hammers, but there's no written rule for levels, as I remember, those Assault Orcs dropped a Thunder when I was above Lv10. You could advance in strength at Lv10, so you get the Crushing Ember in Tremadan's tower, From Lv16 on, I started using Saint Admus Sword, but is not mandatory, Just use the strongest you can find.

Slayyerlol

Agility is best for a cleric, trust me. Light hammers are great until you get an ancient fang from primeval bears. These bears can be found in the Wyvern mountains, and the Bloodpaw cave. You have a good chance of defeating them if you are above level12. Until you get to level12, Thunder would be the best. You may want to get the Flaming Warhammer if you want to get the fang much easier. Ice is weak to fire. After that, the best weapon is found in the Ark. It is the Nanocarbon Scalpel. These weapons are all light.
I would recommend joining Cleric's Guild. Even though i have never played as a cleric in cleric's guild, i have played as a warrior cleric. It did not go very well. As a warrior cleric, you need to level to about 24 to beat the Ark of Losathan quest( If you want to kill the dimensional parasite )

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You can get Silvery Mace quite early, it makes do until Bonegrinder. For that matter Hunter's Fang is early too. If you find the Travelling Armorer and he has the right kit, Winter Stone can be very early so keep some GP with you as spare cash. Orc Commanders and Kings drop Thunder, that's a pretty decent cracker until you start hitting higher levels. When you start being able to farm Ursan then you can reasonably expect to get Vulcan Maul. Icy and Corrosion Mauls are in Crimson Hills, among others. Some top-drops to look out for are Iron Golem Fist, Mystic Bone Mace; obviously Spirit Breaker and Vindicator are there for your Spirit, as well as the Paladin's Longsword, speaking of which don't ignore the potential of Justice and Righteousness.

But a high-end weapon that you can get lower-level with focus? Flaming Warhammer

Grinding 25 Rep with The Three takes a little effort. If you recruit Hirge it will be no problem, get her and restore the Church. Otherwise you'll easily get +10 and then you can do some Nivarian Town Hall Witch Hunting quests.
  • Flesh Is Weak +2 (Lannegar)
  • An Initiate's End +4 (Kingsbridge)
  • Shaking Bones +4 (Rhöneis)
  • Restoring The Faith +7 (Great Inori)
  • Three Vs Eleven +10 (New Garand)

Last edited:

Molokot

I am now playing cleric to refresh my memory , got him to 24 atm , untill you get weapons from ark , best weapons are 2h + maxed abernos might.
And easiest to get fast is 2h maul from Apes, that is very similiar to troll boss maul , just you dont need fire weapons to get it, it can drop even from some boxes outdoors, and even if not Kurg apes are not that dificult to kill , later you will have maul of terror from minotaur temple and eventualy ark sword or dagger. And on lower levels those 1h hammers are indeed handy. Abernos might gives crazy boost to 2h weapons (16 damage + 8 fire damage) , they doasnt work with duel, but realy, you are not doomed to use fast weapons with duel, 2h cleric+ boosts is very strong, only drawback is that you need to recast those buff or buffs.

Trace Da Cruz

I am now playing cleric to refresh my memory , got him to 24 atm , untill you get weapons from ark , best weapons are 2h + maxed abernos might.
And easiest to get fast is 2h maul from Apes, that is very similiar to troll boss maul , just you dont need fire weapons to get it, it can drop even from some boxes outdoors, and even if not Kurg apes are not that dificult to kill , later you will have maul of terror from minotaur temple and eventualy ark sword or dagger. And on lower levels those 1h hammers are indeed handy. Abernos might gives crazy boost to 2h weapons (16 damage + 8 fire damage) , they doasnt work with duel, but realy, you are not doomed to use fast weapons with duel, 2h cleric+ boosts is very strong, only drawback is that you need to recast those buff or buffs.
another good maul you can get relatively early is the Garrak's Maul, very useful in Ilmara, just beat the poisoned river mission in New Anthur.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
IRONY: you do Wyverntail Complex to get the Maul, but then a Golem drops his arm and it ruins the rest of your blunt treasure hunts because it's very nearly the best basher in the game.

However if you grind Wyverntail Complex just for it then, sod's law, it won't drop.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Just try to clear Iross Highlands with that golem's arm.

Iron Golem First has such high damage, plus such high Elemental damage, that it will actually work pretty okay. I mean, I think more than some basic Silver weapons.

Besides, you can get Iron Golem Fist and Maul of Garrak. It's not either/or.

Last edited:

Molokot

Only 1h mace i ever use on cleric is apes mace with stun, that you can get at begining of game from skeleton guarded by 2 manticores. Maces are simply inferior to any other available weapons, golem fist only looks nice on paper, but you can use couple of swords that are way better and early game 1h hammers are a thing or Ape maul. Maul of garrak is indeed nice to have , but it requires 60 rep with varsilia, and if u are not lucky with encountering knight that wants to duel , then it can be problematic.