What are the best items for magicians?

VDX_360

Staff member
Standard Level 10 Fire Golem, or buffed up with Summoner?

Scroll: Level 10 Fire Golem
Fire Mastery (Maxed): Level 13
Summoner Maxed: +3 Levels

A Level 10 fire golem from a scroll might not last as long as a Level 16 Fire Golem from a skill.

Also, how long the golem needs to last is dependent on how quickly you kill things. So more aggressive mage builds might have an advantage in keeping a fire golem alive in the ark.

Nivarian99

Standard Level 10 Fire Golem, or buffed up with Summoner?

So more aggressive mage builds might have an advantage in keeping a fire golem alive in the ark.

Well, have summoner maxed, so yeah!

But now that I have you here, how would you define an aggressive mage build?

VDX_360

Staff member
High damage output. Either from maxed staff skill with high int, or from maxed attack spells (bolt for the arc).

Luring one spider / wizard out at a time helps, too.

Kakost

This.

My Mage at the Ark had Int 8 or 9 plus items (10 total? I dont recall).

Strenght was 0, Endurance only 2 or 3, Agi just 4, Awa just 2, Persuasion was 4 I believe, and mostly just for the skill checks on conversation.

Dump tons of points on Int in order to have high damage output and dont mind being a squish fragile little nerd. Drop health for high damage as there is no tomorrow.

The Staff skill at lvl 4 is mandatory. There's absolutely zero reasons not to have that, no matter the build, unless you're playing Wand or Arcane/Death Knight (duh).

It is good and recommended to have that beautiful Zap Zap at lvl 4 too even if you are a Summoner, it will give you a delicious extra Mojo in your box of tools. Never mind that "Mana Fountain" (or whatever the name of the skill that increases your mana, I can never remember the proper name), nor do you ever really need Arcanist. Gate is dispensable too.

I'd recommend ditching at least the Ice Golem in favor of Zap 4. Zap truly is very very good, particularly at the Ark, but even out of it it's massive.

Alternatively, Combustion is great too, both to Summoners and Elementalists, but it aint so useful at the Ark, only giving the marginal benefit of reducing the defenses of the critters, at a high mana cost (no, I personally dont recommend it for the Ark, but for almost everything else it is insanely good)