Spoilers Which of these non-human races would you want as a friendly NPC?

Thread contains spoilers about game content

Which of these creatures?

• Total voters

IAmOdie

We already have Mirmek, Minotaur, Sparkling, Batrax, Ghost, Giant, Goblin, and Iron Golem as friendly NPCs, and even quest givers. I actually want at least one NPC for each of all of them. I add Rexadon, because the NPC Rexadon is obviously a hostile one. Varannari and Muud'ari not included since they are much more humanoid than, say, Orc or Ogre.

Except for Kurg, I'm not exactly including animals like Wolf, Bear, or Sabercat, here. Just the fantasy creatures. I may not be able to add Vorator, either.

Yeah but they're a bit too bare bones for me, I'd say I'd go for a bear or a doggo.
Skelton. The rest of the options have insane room and board costs. Imagine feeding a dragon, housing a manticore? Skeletons have zero costs for meals, and you can just toss them in a closet for overnight.

IAmOdie

Bear in mind that you can choose up to 5 options, not just one. I chose Orc, Ursan, Skeleton, Troll, and Dragon.

Orc is my absolute choice since it's one of my favorite fantasy races. I fell in love with Warcraft's Thrall, Grommash Hellscream, Durotan, and Mobile Legends' Balmond. Orc has been one of my favorites, since then.

I always find Ursan, or pretty much beast-man, to be a unique badass race. Ursan King is also incredibly OP that it is literally the last boss I challenged before going to the Sewer of Horrors. I won't be surprised if Minotaur and Ursan are either allies or arch-enemies.

We all see how a Troll somehow became a Mercenary for ah... Chancellor Malard in Friguld. This somehow means that there would definitely be a real, genuine, Troll that actually understands human language, unlike Gurr who is actually a human.

Dragon is mostly depicted to be a creature that can not only understand human language, but can also talk in it. Most Dragons, however, are so prideful that it demands worshipping from other creatures, like Goblin. Some Dragons, however, are basically mythical fantasy creatures version of Yoshikage Kira of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: They just want to live in peace, but will kill others for their own desires.

I admit I'm a sucker for skeleton ever since my first exposition to Marvel's Ghost Rider and Berserk's Skull Knight. I would seriously love to have a skeletal warlord as an Exiled Kingdoms NPC, maybe a quest giver. Hell, I even imagine Tol as a Skeletal Priest NPC who would give you a quest to get into Bishop Bareid's tomb in order to take the Crown of Tol, so he could undo all his past mistakes, whatever they are.
Post automatically merged:    

Skelton. The rest of the options have insane room and board costs. Imagine feeding a dragon, housing a manticore? Skeletons have zero costs for meals, and you can just toss them in a closet for overnight.
Won't Skeleton need Bone Meal, tho? And maybe a little bit of Calcium?

A'ight, I recall myself out.

Atomos

Bear in mind that you can choose up to 5 options, not just one. I chose Orc, Ursan, Skeleton, Troll, and Dragon.
5 to choose huh? I'd go for: Rexadon, Orc, Ursan, Dragon, Manticore in that exact order.

Rexadons are intelligent, and not exactly evil.
When we meet their commander it turns out they are our rivals in exploring (and plundering) the Temple of Sleepers. They don't have legitimate means of entering it, but still managed to force their way into the first segment

Orcs are a no brainer, they have a whole kingdom, so it's only a matter of time before we meet the warrior race. I'm curious how will it look.

Ursans seem pretty primitive, but they don't kill their prisoners.
Maybe they transform them into their kind? Must see! Must find out!

Dragons are generally large buttholes in EK. I'm not super interested in them, but it would be interesting to have some interaction.

Manticores - as above. It's highly possible that their twisted minds hold knowledge akin to the stuff @Apocalypse posts once in a while. The game could use some wacky content xD

5 to choose huh? I'd go for: Rexadon, Orc, Ursan, Dragon, Manticore in that exact order.

When we meet their commander it turns out they are our rivals in exploring (and plundering) the Temple of Sleepers. They don't have legitimate means of entering it, but still managed to force their way into the first segment

Orcs are a no brainer, they have a whole kingdom, so it's only a matter of time before we meet the warrior race. I'm curious how will it look.

Dragons are generally large buttholes in EK. I'm not super interested in them, but it would be interesting to have some interaction.

Manticores - as above. It's highly possible that their twisted minds hold knowledge akin to the stuff @Apocalypse posts once in a while. The game could use some wacky content xD
Rexes aren't evil (probably) but are greedy and will probably stab you in the back.

IAmOdie

I didn't even say Rexadons are evil.
...that the one and only Rexadon NPC we see in the game is hostile.
Freeport, Liberty, or even Urk-Daonassar will probably be our first experience with these NPCs.

The stereotype of an average Orc is the fact that they are truly similar to those of Barbarians: They are physically powerful, and their rage is deadly, but their mind is as bright as a moonless night. Of course, not every Orc is that dull. I'm looking forward to the possibility of having an Orcish Shaman as an NPC.

Malan Stargazer could pretty much be an Ursan himself, then. Lmao. Also, that's a pretty interesting point!

I wonder how much MP it takes you to summon @Apocalypse. I won't be surprised if a Manticore NPC WILL BE a thing, it would be named after whatever Apocalypse has named it. Rofl.