Who the hell is Jorum???

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Who's Jorum?

We know he's the main character of The Oppalan Frontier, which appears to be a story about the four friends who became gods. We know about The Three, and I always thought the Fourth was Tol. Could Jorum be Tol? Or did Tol already exist when The Three became gods?

I also remember reading about a wizard from Thuram who worked with the Forsaken, in Icemist and at their secret fortress in the North. I think his name was Jorum... Am I mistaken? If yes, could he be the same Jorum as the character in The Oppalan Frontier? Could Jorum have been a Muud'ari? It would explain his longevity, if he was indeed with The Three as they became gods, and also at the Forsaken fortress a few decades ago. He would have to hundreds of years old!

And what about Tol? Was he friends with The Three when they all became gods? Or was the Fourth just a human friend?

Please I need to know!
It's very important.
My brain won't let me sleep until I know it all!

Last edited:

Trace Da Cruz

A little detail is that you are mistaking Jorum by Jorgus the Red. I want to share a theory that involves heavy spoilers (not the youtube guy, actual spoilers) but as VDX don't want to tell you anything I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
A little detail is that you are mistaking Jorum by Jorgus the Red. I want to share a theory that involves heavy spoilers (not the youtube guy, actual spoilers) but as VDX don't want to tell you anything I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell...

Ooooooh Jorgus..... Not Jorum..... Oh ok they really look alike lolll

Uummm so Jorgus is the suspiscious wizard who worked with the Forsaken? Either he was human and died of old age, or he was Muud and is unaccounted for at the end of the story. I'm pretty sure he's not among the Forsaken in the Ark.

Now I have a question about Jorum and his 3 friends. Are they the four who ascended with the numina stones? Or are they just fictional characters in a book inspired by real events? Is the Oppalan Frontier historically accurate? And where can I buy that book? Loll

If David has a bit of free time, he should write the novel about the Exiled Kingdoms. Or a series of novels. Plus a movie. And a tv show. There's so much I need to know!!!

I want the spoiler now. ;)

Trace Da Cruz

I hope I won't get banned so:
Jorum was a wise wizard, right? there was a healer and a warrior priest. Healing and protection are consecrated to Nivaria, while the gift of fire is related to Arbenos, which leaves Tol, who for some reason is not mentioned, so in theory, Jorum is the real name of Thelume. Tol states that one became insane, and another tried to self-destruct, Nivaria is sleeping under the lake in sorrow, and Arbenos took in his chest the spell of doom from the witches of Oroog, and Thelume still remains in the Temple in Nivarian.
About Tol, he was locked in a slumber, waiting for his crown, they were all together, but had a conflict because Tol decided to resurrect the dead, creating the Tolassians, who eventually betrayed him, in fear they did not bring him the crown.

What puzzles me is the connection with the Longevity potions that was shared in the Gorge of the Silent Kings, Tremadan, and the Muud's (in the ark), and who mislead the tolassians.
Oof, so much typing.

Deleted member 30241

What puzzles me is the connection with the Longevity potions that was shared in the Gorge of the Silent Kings, Tremadan, and the Muud's (in the ark), and who mislead the tolassians.
Oof, so much typing
Wdym? Longevity potions are made by imperial mages, unlike Thuramians Magic, imperial magic is more powerful and dangerous.
Post automatically merged:    

and I think I land my question here about the lore too.

-What does the "Godswar" said by the makers of the City of the Ancients that they are afraid about?
-Do the sleepers are actually gods?
-Do the Tollasian tombs are just sunken buildings made by tolassians?
-Do my questions and answers here make sense?
-Wtf is an Invisible Swampdonkey?

Trace Da Cruz

Well, my friend, my question is that the emperors weren't actually powerful or close to godhood, the potions of longevity were crafted by Muud's, so how they ended up in the Gorge of the Silent Kings? are the Muud'ari related to the Numina stones?

About your questions:
Actually the Godswar predates even beyond the origin of The Three and Tol, for it originated Varannari, so that's a mystery, I truly have no clue to start with.
Tol, Nivaria, and -probably- Arbenos are in the same slumber state the sleepers are, -or were, before they looted their tombs,
and there's a fifth sleeper and is indeed a god.
The golem says that his masters started to build tombs, so no, -they always seemed to build underground, though.
We are all here to make any sense of ourselves, and about that donkey, it's just a coyote.

Deleted member 30241

Well, my friend, my question is that the emperors weren't actually powerful or close to godhood, the potions of longevity were crafted by Muud's, so how they ended up in the Gorge of the Silent Kings? are the Muud'ari related to the Numina stones?

About your questions:
Actually the Godswar predates even beyond the origin of The Three and Tol, for it originated Varannari, so that's a mystery, I truly have no clue to start with.
Tol, Nivaria, and -probably- Arbenos are in the same slumber state the sleepers are, -or were, before they looted their tombs,
and there's a fifth sleeper and is indeed a god.
The golem says that his masters started to build tombs, so no, -they always seemed to build underground, though.
We are all here to make any sense of ourselves, and about that donkey, it's just a coyote.
Thank you very much for your answers! But Magister said(in Steinz Odo house) that its crafted by imperial mages, so maybe the ones who guard the Temple of the Sleepers have some imperial mage to assist their needs of longevity potions,or maybe some of them are imperial mages and they make their own potions.And I'm talking about imperial mages not Arch-mages.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Wdym? Longevity potions are made by imperial mages, unlike Thuramians Magic, imperial magic is more powerful and dangerous.
Post automatically merged:    

and I think I land my question here about the lore too.

-What does the "Godswar" said by the makers of the City of the Ancients that they are afraid about?
-Do the sleepers are actually gods?
-Do the Tollasian tombs are just sunken buildings made by tolassians?
-Do my questions and answers here make sense?
-Wtf is an Invisible Swampdonkey?

What about longevity potions? The Sleepers' priests used them, but I don't remember hearing any Muud'ari talk about those ever.

I think the Godswar happened on Andoria. It's what made the Builders leave the old continent and hide underground in Varannar. And they became the Tolassians after they discovered the one true god Tol! At least I think.

At first I thought the Godswar was between the Eleven. But then I remembered they were just the eleven first emperors, worshipped since. I guess that means they were mortals, otherwise there would have been only one emperor and no successors. But I've never heard of a "real" god on Andoria...

I believe the Sleepers were gods. Sleeping gods, exactly like Tol and Nivaria. It's said the 5 sleepers had found Numina stones, and it made them divine. But then 4 adventurers got there and looted the place, stole 4 of the 5 Numina stones, and became gods themselves: Tol, Thelume, Nivaria amd Arbenos. The 4 sleepers disapeared, probably ceased to exist without their Numina stone. Which leaves us with the fifth sleeper, who almost got his Numina stolen too!

Oh and remember what crashed the Ark of Lothasan when it got in orbit? The Oracle AI said it was an unknown energy on the planet, and we confirmed he was talking about magic. That's a detail I still find fascinating!!! It means magic was unknown by the Muud'ari!!! It means magic is probably unique to this planet, and not found anywhere else in the galactic empire of the Muud.

I think it's all about the Numina stones.

I think Numina is the source of all magic of all gods on the planet. And I think it makes this planet unique in all the galaxy. With the power of the Numina, one might even topple the Muud'ari galactic empire...

Trace Da Cruz

Yes, that's my question, the remaining Numina Stones were being warded by imperial people, the builders of the City of the Ancients, probably the Godswar is a conflict over the Numina?
They migrated in sorrow and fear over this conflict, building "The City" and the tombs, starting to die. and eventually raised from dead by Tol.
The Mausoleum is a source of some information, stating that during the war (Rhonean Revolution) "the curse was too strong" speaking about the dead raising.
If you speak to Tol, he reveals that "The Eleven" like many others in civilizations now forgotten became gods thanks to the power that he, and his friends discovered. -but you obliviously asked the wrong number-
So yes The Numina is what everything is about, yet they remain a mystery...
Let's remember that there's this connection to elemental planes, -I assumed this was the magic, but you might be right, this planet is unique to the galaxy, for many reasons.
We really need a book, but I fear is going to be huge...

Oh, and about the potions, Tremadan was both, an archmage and a Muud'ari, and in the ark you discover that "inmortality is flawed" Did the same happened in Noutamet? the same that happened in the Gorge of the Silent Kings?

Last edited: