Wierd EK trivia.

Just rolled a new rogue. All the way to lv2, w00t.

The wiki notes...

+1 bonus to damage at Levels 1,6,12,18 and 24.

Did you know that this does not apply to an iron dagger or shortbow? I checked and counted.

No idea if the dagger from the garand forsaken hideout behaves the same. If it does, you can actually tell them apart. Haven't tested other bows. Is probably true of the iron shortsword in the intro. (Didn't count, because I didn't know - but the extra .3 dps with iron dagger normal to a 2agi char suggests it) Is not true of the almost-the-same shortsword you can buy in lannegar.

Wierdest thing I've found. And if any of you want to wierd a new player out with your eccentric knowledge of EK glitches and quirks...

VDX_360

Staff member
That does seem odd. Do you have a screen shot of your combat log?

That does seem odd. Do you have a screen shot of your combat log?

Character screen, actually.

And no. It... stopped doing it this time. But I got a very wierd font glitch this time...

...doesn't usually happen and didn't happen this time.

I apologize for the inconvenience; I'm now going to attribute it to buggy hardware. Please delete this thread when you see this and I'm sorry for wasting your time via misattribution. :(

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Intermittent hiccups can be a pain to track down. They never re-peat when you are trying to document them.

The reason I asked about your combat log was to see if the error was a miscalculation on the character sheet or actually occurring in combat. The first would be annoying the latter would impact game play.

Character sheet. I even rolled-and-deleted a new character to check - DPS was unaffected, just displayed damage range.

The intermittent bugs which really get to me are mage targeting - something will be attacking me, or gris, who is standing closeby, and every now and then I'll just fire off into the nether at literally nothing, or worse, fire at something far away which hasn't noticed us yet. Makes the inori tomb rather fun, seeing as there is a lot of opportunity there for the latter.

There's also one where enemies get stuck on completely unobstructed ground. That's a recent one to the new versions, as far as I can tell. Any movement disrupts it, but I usually just use the cheat it gives me.

-
Ugh. Edit window expires....

Intermittent hiccups can be a pain to track down.

Not always. Currently, a lot of them will involve interface with drivers for ultralight hardware at the Android level. Because of this, slightly buggy, cheap hardware lets me stare at both the drivers and Davids' code directly, more or less.

The screen driver (it's not a crt anymore, no matter what the include is called) appears to be paged, top and bottom, much like post-vga modes (svga etc). Instead of mov vscreen, $A8000, it's mov vscreentop, port1; mov vscreenbottom, port2.

As for the main bug here, it appear the drivers (both math and graphics) run a thisbitofoncardjunk = function() rather than thisbitofoncardjunk = function, if you get my drift. Bork the constructor for that once, and when it stores the constructor in its hardware-accelerated junk, it stays borked. Rather an interesting piece of bullshittery to cover for using computers which wouldn't have amounted to a toaster in 1970, which is all the rage now.

I'm not an Android person; probably object-oriented programming as hardware acceleration at the 'droidstructure/driver.hardware.unity.thinger.

We used to solve on-hardware questions by adding a 'reinitialize and reload' button. It would probably look like a gate scroll - charscreen buttons, charscreen math, every object known in your inventory (=pocket, companion, vault, house), etc.

Most of my familiarity is transresistive-switching-through-1990. A droid person probably could probably write you a 'universal' bugswatter for the settings page. Whadda ya need?