"Your device isn't compatible with this version"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If you have a relatively modern device (Android 4.1 and 1Gb RAM) but you are getting a play store message saying it's not compatible, it may be a known glitch with the Play Store cache. I ripped off these steps from another forum (CoC), apparently happens to many people, even with top-specs devices.

First of all: try to install from your PC, going to the Play Store page on your browser. some users have reported that while the device says not compatible, if they click "install" from the PC, the app gets installed or updated correctly.

If that didn't work...

Try this link:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/t ... %2C6241389

Specifically:
Clear cache and data

-Open your device's main Settings app.
-Touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
-Touch Google Play Store > Clear cache > Clear data.
-Touch the back arrow .
-Select Download Manager > Clear cache > Clear data.
-You may need to click on "Running" at hte top under Application Manager to find "Download Services" or "Play Store Services" and then > Clear cache > Clear data

Trasd

For future reference: always keep a backup!

Personally, at any major milestone, I backup my saved games and rename the backup to the current date like: 2016-02-08-A-EK.bak. If I make a second that day, it'd be 2016-02-08-B-EK.bak.

Just say'n.... :p

VoidWalkerZ

If it does not work:
For me it only allowed it to show up in my apps that has updates
So i clicked update all and canceled all the others one by one this fixed it entirely and updated it

snakemgs

DavidBVal":176t41tf said:
If you have a relatively modern device (Android 4.1 and 1Gb RAM) but you are getting a play store message saying it's not compatible, it may be a known glitch with the Play Store cache. I ripped off these steps from another forum (CoC), apparently happens to many people, even with top-specs devices.

Try this link:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/t ... %2C6241389

Specifically:
Clear cache and data

-Open your device's main Settings app.
-Touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
-Touch Google Play Store > Clear cache > Clear data.
-Touch the back arrow .
-Select Download Manager > Clear cache > Clear data.
-You may need to click on "Running" at hte top under Application Manager to find "Download Services" or "Play Store Services" and then > Clear cache > Clear data

a mi ahora me empezo a pasar esto, ya hice los pasos que dices pero sigue igual, de hecho tambien me dice lo mismo en la pagina de google play asi que no creo que sea algo del telefono, mi telefono es un galaxy s3
Alguna idea que pueda ser?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
heh, not easy to handle the thread in two languages. Let's stay in english then.

if you can't update the game from an S3, tell me what version of the game you have.

(and most S3 didn't receive an officcial Kitkat update, they stopped at 4.3, but I meant the game version)

ShadowWeasel

Isn't that the current version?
Anyways another thing I did besides the above mentioned by David was that I put my phone in recovery mode then wipe the cache data there. Be careful not to factory reset the phone or you will have to start at square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.