Zeghast didn't drop fire crystal.

davez

Mod Note: Moved thread to support. Changed thread title to better reflect issue.

When is it determined what items something will drop?

Is it determined when an enemy is killed, or when it is spawned?

VDX_360

Staff member
Note: Discussing exploits is against forum rules so be mindful of that when commenting on this thread.

Item drops USED to be determined on enemy death, but that lead to a lot of people using the quick-save feature as an exploit to re-roll item drops. That made it a lot easier to get rare drops from enemies.

To prevent exploiting, item drops are determined in a different manner. To avoid, opening the door to discussing an item drop exploit, I'll refrain from giving too much details on what enemies item drops are calculated on death, which are calculated on map generation and which appear to be locked when they spawn in the world.

For simplicity, just accept the item drops are varied, with rare drops being rare.

davez

Thanks... Sorry, I probably should have clarified when I posted...

I killed zeghast but he didn't drop the fire crystal... Trying to figure out if it was a fluke but loading a previous game would fix it or if I was stuck and had to start over.

Mod Note: Removed spoiler tag.

VDX_360

Staff member
That's odd.

He should have a 100% drop rate for both his drops. That's a bug.

Just for clarity, are you sure you killed him and not another enemy? (Just asking to double-check).
Also, does he re-spawn in the firepit?

Did you try loading from the auto-save and try again?
Or from the last save that occurred BEFORE accessing the area?

My concern is if you save the game after he failed to drop the crystal, there's a risk he won't spawn again.
You need both crystals to access the full tower.