Forum updated

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hey friends, I just upgraded the forum to the latest stable PHPBB version. This upgrade will allow many future features, and solves lots of bugs from the old version (like, how it couldn't keep you auto-logged). In the next weeks I'll add little features that can be useful, like spoiler tags, etc.

Thanks for your patience! If you see anything wrong, email me at [email protected]

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Added the ability to hide spoiler text. there is a button for it, right under the "bold" and "itallics" option of the edit box too. Select the text to hide and click the button.

Because what has been seen, can not be unseen

Or, you can manually use it like this:

Code:
[spoiler]Here goes the super-secret stuff[/spoiler]

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Added an extension to embed youtube and other videos/media content in your messages.

In the case of Youtube, just put the url in the message, you don't need to do anything else. But don't use the short "youtu.be" one, I think that doesn't work.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Another enhancement to the forum. If you are a tables-person, congratulations. I added buttons to the text editor (near the spoiler one, called cell, row and table).

this is how they are used, in an example:

Code:
[table]
[row][cell][b]Level[/b][/cell][cell][b]Damage[/b][/cell][cell][b]Duration[/b][/cell][/row]
[row][cell]1[/cell]  [cell]2-12[/cell]  [cell]15s.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]2[/cell]  [cell]8-24[/cell]  [cell]20s.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]3[/cell]  [cell]14-36[/cell]  [cell]30s.[/cell][/row]
[/table]

You can see the result in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&p=3311#p3278