Storage

Wyrm

Loreseeker
A lot of folks have difficulty with storage. Seems to be plenty after buying New Garand house. Still can buy 1 vault and nivarian house. But it's a regularly asked question. Maybe a loreseeker can setup a small section for storage layout.

*Scratch that- Found the storage section on wiki. Don't know why people have storage trouble.

0rion79

Because the game provide tons of equipment for specific situations that you may want to keep, especially rings, necklaces, mantles and armor sets resistant to specific elements, for you and your companions.

You can get rid of some stuff once you reach Ashen Cape and later areas though, but the problem is that the game doesn't make weaker items completely obsolete, but there are some cases where even the equipment found at the earliest stages of the game may be more performing than high-level stuff.

An example is given by acid-based weapons (poison) that are much more effective vs. certain monsters than any other elemental weapon, even if they totally suck in almost every other circumstance.

Xen

Loreseeker
One of the most common problem in the storage space is the existence of many Unique items that can't be seen again if you're going to sell it, and sometimes most of that items are still usable in certain situations that is why you need to keep them.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
My first 2 characters up to level 23/24 I scrambled for storage. This time around no problems. Stack all 3 companions with full gear. Your gear and holding bag. 4 vaults and Tremadan Tower chests. New garand and Nivarian house chests. I think that's 238 slots! Is there that much stuff? I'm even hoarding fire drake scales, troll skin, etc in case of future upgrades.

VDX_360

Staff member
The more storage the game adds, the more stuff people keep, thus the storage problem is never really solved.

There are currently: 1 backpack, 1 bag of holding, 4 town vaults, 4 house chests (two in each house), two chests in the Tower, and you can equip stuff on the companions not in use, making them walking closets.

dansaske

As a hoarder, I still wish all the inventory slots could be expanded by 4 as well as having another set of chests. I've tried storing one stack of everything that could not be bought or commonly found. I ran out of inventory space half way. Really wish we could also get two bags of holding....

FeeFiFoFum

Was thinking. The only downside I found with the storage is the traveling when you need something (And it always seems to be at the furthest location from you at the time) LoL.

Well the thought I had was. Why not have an orb such as the ones used for the vaults. If the orb is placed in any of your storage locations it can then be remotely accessed. They could also be rare hard to come by item, making the reward of finding one that much greater.

I.e. one in New Grand Chest would mean that particular chest would now be linked to the vault access orbs. However it would cost you one storage slot, but I think the convenience would be worth it.

Just a thought.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's not going to happen now but upgrading the house with an Orb structure (e.g. after getting in favourably with the Wizards) would be a quick way of ridding the player of a spare 100k and dramatically improve flexibility.

VDX_360

Staff member
Storage complaints are as old as the game itself. Every time new storage space was added, people just hung on to more stuff, re-creating the need for more space. It's an induced demand situation. So it's not a problem that will go away.

A workable solution is to keep items you'll use fairly often in Town Hall Vaults. This would include short term quest items, crafting ingredients, rings with elemental protection, etc

Than store limited use items in the Tower of Tremada, if you need the space. This would include long term quest items, rarely used equipment such as equipment for companions not in your party, gear for a character build that you're not using (2-H weapons for a 1-H weapon build).

That leaves your Bag of Holding for extra looting space, or for holding a few extra combat potions, etc.

As a person who like to hand on to every unique item, I get the desire to have unlimited storage space. But, really, once you have a higher tier item, there's no need to keep the weaker stuff.

Also, use those damn potions and scrolls. Do you really need to store 30 summon wolf scrolls? Of course not, those things are quickly outdated by the mid-game, so use them in the early game when they matter. Having one such scroll on you as a distraction item can help escape, sneak by a mob, but you don't need to clog your inventory with low tier items.

As of now, there are:
1) Backpack
2) Bag of Holding
3) 4x Town Hall Vaults
4) 4 house chests (two in each house)
5) 2 Tower chests.

So yeah, that's a lot of storage.

Ray

Can anybody help me find the location of a backpack? And also how do you upgrade to have more than one companion? 🤔 thanks