About Syllara

Gnautical_Gnome

What's the deal with Syllara? There's no page on the Wiki for one. But
if you choose to give her back her heart, you are basically returning the most powerful witch of Orogg to life. She says that your paths will cross again, but she never turns up. In fact, other than the tavern rumor that people are disappearing in icemist, I don't know of any repercussions for freeing her. Why was she in Icemist? I thought she was trapped in the mountain? Also is there a way for me to post to the Wiki? I find it very lacking in some aspects and I often wish I could edit or create pages. Surely there should be a page for her?

p4ran0id

Staff member
You'll here from her again by rumors, it's nothing special, but she will be mentioned once you free it (should be a spoiler free description, hope you can understand that) :lol:

VDX_360

Staff member
Giving Syllara here own Wiki page isn't a bad idea, but it really doesn't help with nay quests. She more background information than a true NPC. Heck, you can scrub her name out from the game with no impact on the game. It just be some unknown wraith rewarding you rather than the most powerful witch.

The Syllara story arc just isn't in the game.

ariuz hvz

Por q no esta,pero nos dejan con las ganas de cono ser su historia mas a profundidad ya demas quien no quisiera luchar con la bruja mas poderosa de orrg no es como si fuera tol

Kakost

Por q no esta,pero nos dejan con las ganas de cono ser su historia mas a profundidad ya demas quien no quisiera luchar con la bruja mas poderosa de orrg no es como si fuera tol
It's like in Lord of the Rings, Tolkien never explained who or what Tom Bombadil, or Ungoliant (Shelob's mother) truly are. People have speculated for decades, but he himself never said. Or the Nameless-Things that live in the depths of the world. There's speculation that Tom Bombadil might have been an "Avatar" of the original song of the Ainur (the Ainur were the "angelic primordial beings", and their song created the Universe), or that he might have been Eru-Illuvatar himself (the "One" true God), with good arguments for and against, and that Ungoliant and/or the Nameless-Things might have been an incarnation of the "Darkness outside of Eru's Halls" (the primordial void outside of heaven / the real of God), or that they may be a manifestation of Melkor's rebellion during the first song of the Ainur (Melkor is basically Satan in Lord of the Rings).

However, all those theories are just that, just theories, created by the fans. There are no answers for any of those, and Tolkien liked to have those mysteries of the world as exactly that, mysteries.