The upper level is divided into two main areas that do not directly connect to one another. One area is accessible by a staircase from the main level, and the other area is accessible from an elevator from the main level. Do not bother trying to find secret doors, etc. that connect these two separate areas of the upper level together, as they don't exist. The staircase lets you come and go as you please, but the elevator is a one-way trip for you. Once you go up that elevator, you are expected to try to survive the final challenges of the main story line quest. Or die trying. (The latter is far more likely.)
Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck) is accessed from Ark of Lothasan.
There are 4 Secret Doors in this area.
Fixed One-Time Loot
- 1 crate (in secret room) containing:
- 10x Ancient Battery, Large Battery, Pointy Tool (for quest The Ark of Lothasan)
- 1 chest (in secret room) containing:
- Control Module (for quest The Ark of Lothasan)
- Ancient Battery (100%), Medipack (31.6%), Large Battery (16%), Tesla Rod (8.5%), Pneumatic Mallet (8.5%), Tesla Emitter (8.4%), Ion Recurve (8.2%), Nanocarbon Sword (8%), Nanocarbon Scalpel (7.9%), Ring of the Star Traveller (1%)
- 2x Ancient Battery (100%), Medipack (32.1%), Large Battery (17.8%), Plexifiber Robes (10.2%), Kevlar Vest (10.2%), Laminated Vest (10%), Conductive Vest (9.4%), Ring of the Star Traveller (1%)
The following Trait checks are associated with this area. Those marked with are mandatory for achieving certain outcomes or rewards which can not be accomplished otherwise.
Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)
|Important sites and secrets|
|Exit to Ark of Lothasan|
|Medical facility (won't save the game)|
|Chest with Pointy Tool|
|Terminal that sets Amarisa free|
|Terminal that opens the way to |
|Chest with Control Module for , password for |
|The Main Computer|
|The Command Bridge|
|The Deep Gate|
|Important NPCs and enemies|
The killer robots will make you nostalgic for the days when you just had to worry about the goblins in Lannegar Valley trying to kill you.
The area of the upper deck that is accessible by stairs is one of the only areas in the Ark where nothing is trying to kill you. But the area of the upper deck accessible by the elevator can feel like a death trap. AC and shock resistance and stun resistance are important here, as well as being able to recall the best curse words you know when the robots get you.