Call of the Blood
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Companion Quest: Call of the Blood|
|Random Encounter in Varsilia|
|Save Eirenda |
Grissenda becomes capable of learning Advanced Skills ♦ Grissenda gains 3 trait points and 3 skill points ♦ Maul of Disease ♦ Scimitar of the Wolf ♦ Ancient Tolassian Tome
Quest #: 89 - Completable (can be missed)
- Receive quest from Messenger while traveling the roads with Grissenda
- Travel to Castle Storme in Mount Storme
- Speak to Captain Fendrick for access to the castle from the court yard. (Won't be able to leave until quest is complete)
- Speak with Dobros Storme
- Sleep for the night (different options, I chose pretend sleep to watch for assassin's)
- Will wake to assassin's, and all guards will be hostile.
- Kill Captain Fendrick
- Past graveyard and The Executioner is a hidden door that leads to the Temple of Blood
- (Optional) Read book in room to the Northeast
- All Vampires will be invulnerable until 3 fountains are cleaned with fresh water (Requires INT 3 or drinking the blood and taking damage)
- Once 3 Fountains cleansed you can defeat the Vampire Elder and Dobros Storme
- Save Grissendas sister Eirenda to exit the dungeon and complete the quest
A random encounter with Messenger with Grissenda as your companion will reveal that Grissenda's sister, Eirenda, is married to Baron Dobros Storme and requested her presence at Castle Storme. At Castle Storme, you will be let into the courtyard. This is your last chance to leave.
- Decline his hospitality, causing all guards to become immediately aggressive (Best option--no spawns)
- Accept, but fake sleeping, which will spawn 5 hostile guards around you
- Accept and sleep, healing you fully but dealing extra damage (Only use if you NEED to sleep)
In a room to the North, you can optionally fight Andrys Storme. He will spawn two Skeletal Champions and a Death Knight and seal the exit, trapping you in. He will drop nothing, so only kill him if you are well prepared and can spare the health. This fight's difficulty is on par with this quest's final fight.
In a room to the South, you will find Radia dead, who will give a vague clue about how to stop the vampires.
In a room to the Northeast, you will have to fight Captain Fendrick to get bye. He will spawn a poisonous cloud, much like Ancient Mummy. He will drop Maul of Disease, with Slow 1, which will be very useful later on.
The yard in the back is full of Beheaded One, weak enemies that will constantly respawn at a very fast pace. You cannot fight your way through them all, so you will have to sprint past. To the Northwest, there is a secret door that leads to Temple of Blood. Potion of Speed will help with this. Additionally, a corpse to the northeast has two Scroll: Turn Undead and Scroll of Detection.
You can optionally kill The Executioner for rumor boss loot, but this will be a tough fight as you will get swarmed quickly. However, the Headless Ones will respawn where they started at, so if you decide to kill them with an AOE ability, they will respawn away from your fight with The Executioner.
Once in the Temple of Blood, you will need to cleanse 3 Fountains. You must have either Intellect 3 or drink the blood and take some damage.
All Vampires are immortal until you clean the fountains. You have to run to each fountain and clean it while gaining a massive following of undead enemies. Potion of Speed is again helpful here; you can also wait until you're swarmed, use Scroll: Turn Undead, and sneak away. It is important to note that only the Vampires are immortal before the fountain cleansing. The rest of the Undead can be killed just like any other. Using Potion of Invisibility can also help if you have enough distance from them. There are four secret doors that connect two passages, which will help you fight the swarm one at a time, but you might not have time to find them.
Once the fountains are clear, go to the middle room, which contains two Vampires, a few undead enemies, Dobros Storme, and Vampire Elder. You can lure the initial monsters separately, but you must fight Dobros Storme and Vampire Elder together. Grissenda can be rather dumb however and still fight the Vampire Elder, which has a good chance of backfiring this strategy, so try to plan accordingly. If you still have a Scroll: Turn Undead, you can stun Vampire Elder and pull Dobros Storme away. The cage with Eirenda will unlock once both are dead. Dobros Storme will drop Scimitar of the Wolf, and Vampire Elder will drop Ancient Tolassian Tome and rumor boss loot.
Talk to Eirenda, who will teleport you back to the entrance of Castle Storme. Talk to her again and Grissenda will gain 3 trait points and 3 skill points. It is recommended that you stock up heavily on Life and (if you are a Spellcaster) Mana potions. Once the quest starts, you must see it through to the end as Teleport and Recall have a 100% chance to fail in Castle Storme.
- Grissenda becomes capable of learning Advanced Skills
- Grissenda gains 3 trait points and 3 skill points
- Maul of Disease
- Scimitar of the Wolf
- Ancient Tolassian Tome
No directly related quests are currently known.