Call of the Blood
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Companion Quest: Call of the Blood|
|Random Encounter in Varsilia|
|Save Eirenda |
Grissenda becomes capable of learning Advanced Skills ♦ Grissenda gains 3 trait points and 3 skill points ♦ Maul of Disease ♦ Scimitar of the Wolf ♦ Ancient Tolassian Tome
|A Warrior's Honor|
Call of the Blood is a quest given to you by Messenger at Random Encounter in Varsilia.
Quest #: 89 - Completable (can be missed)
Kill vampires, save Grissenda's pregnant sister.
- Receive quest from Messenger while traveling the roads with Grissenda
- Travel to Castle Storme in Mount Storme
- Speak to Captain Fendrick for access to the castle from the court yard. (Won't be able to leave until quest is complete)
- Speak with Dobros Storme
- (Optional) Speak with Radia
- (Optional) Speak with Andrys Storme
- Sleep for the night (different options)
- Will wake to assassins, and all guards will be hostile.
- (Optional) Speak to Radia
- (Optional) Kill Andrys Storme
- Kill Captain Fendrick
- Find and use the secret door in the graveyard that leads to the Temple of Blood
- (Optional) Read book in room to the Northeast
- All Vampires will be invulnerable until 3 fountains are cleaned with fresh water (Requires INT 3 or drinking the blood and taking damage)
- Once all 3 Fountains are cleansed you can defeat the Vampire Elder and Dobros Storme
- Save Grissendas sister Eirenda to exit the dungeon and complete the quest
Random Encounter in Varsilia ➔ Castle Storme ➔ Temple of Blood ➔ Mount Storme
A random encounter with the Messenger with Grissenda as your companion will reveal that Grissenda's sister, Eirenda, is married to Baron Dobros Storme. Eirenda requests Grissenda's presence at Castle Storme.
At the entrance to Castle Storme, talk to Captain Fendrick. He will let you in if you have Grissenda in your party and have received the invitation to the castle. Note: Once you enter the castle, you can't leave until the quest is complete. After entering the castle, speak to Dobros Storme, who will invite you stay for the night. You have three options:
- Decline his hospitality, causing all guards to become immediately aggressive (Considered the best option--no new spawns).
- Accept, but stay alert when sleeping, which will spawn 5 hostile guards around you in your room when the ambush starts.
- Accept and sleep, healing you fully but dealing extra damage when the assassins attack (Only use if you NEED to sleep).
Note: Teala, a NPC in the village outside the castle will let you stay with her if you pass a Personality 1 check. This makes her the nearest place to rest outside of Castle Storm. Staying there will allow you to bypass any need to rest inside the Castle (and avoid the resulting ambush).
In a room to the North of the Castle, you can optionally fight Andrys Storme. He will spawn two Skeletal Champions and a Death Knight and seal the exit, trapping you in. He will drop nothing, so only kill him if you are well prepared and can spare the health. This fight's difficulty is on par with this quest's final fight.
In a room to the South, you will find Radia dead, who will give a vague clue about how to stop the vampires.
In a room to the Northeast, Captain Fendrick blocks your path. In addition to his melee attacks, he can spawn a poisonous cloud, much like Ancient Mummy. He will drop Maul of Disease, with Slow 1.
The yard in the back is full of Beheaded One, which are relatively moderate enemies that respawn quickly. They can easily overwhelm your party. Weaker characters might find running past the enemies much easier than trying to fight through them. Potions of Speed will help run past them. A corpse to the northeast of the graveyard has two Scroll: Turn Undead and Scroll of Detection. Both might help you survive the graveyard. On the west side of the area is a secret door on the south wall. It leads to the Temple of Blood.
The Executioner roams the graveyard. You can kill him for rumor boss loot, but it's a tough fight that you can skip.
Once in the Temple of Blood, you will need to cleanse 3 Fountains. To cleanse them you must pass an Intellect 3 check, or drink the blood from the fountains. Drinking from the fountains will cause you to take damage all three times. You can also find a book on a podium that advances the quest. It explains Dobros Storme plans on sacrificing his unborn child to gain power, but doing so will unleash the vampires on the entire world.
All Vampires are invulnerable until you cleanse the fountains. This makes getting past vampires especially tricky. You can try to run past the vampires, or try to sneak past them. Potions of Speed, Potions of Invisibility and Scrolls of Turn Undead are useful. It's important to note that only the Vampires are invulnerable. The other undead can be killed though normal means. Several secret doors are scattered around the map that can make getting to the fountains much easier. The tunnels can also be used as chokepoints if you are trying to escape a large crowd of undead.
After cleansing the final fountain, vampires can be killed. The center of the map contains the boss fight. There you'll find two Vampires, a few undead enemies, Dobros Storme, and a Vampire Elder. Like most boss fights, it's possible to lure out some of the enemies without triggering the entire crowd. The Scroll: Turn Undead works on the vampire elder. Dobros Storme will drop Scimitar of the Wolf, and Vampire Elder will drop Ancient Tolassian Tome and rumor boss loot. Note, because the Elder Vampire is part of the boss fight, you can't win the battle without having first cleansed the fountains.
After the fight, speak with Eirenda in her cage. She'll teleport to the entrance of Castle Storme. Talk to her again to complete the quest. Grissenda will gain 3 trait points, 3 skill points and unlock her advanced skills. Eirenda will fill you on her long term plans to reclaim Castle Storme.
- Grissenda becomes capable of learning Advanced Skills
- Grissenda gains 3 trait points and 3 skill points
- Maul of Disease
- Scimitar of the Wolf
- Ancient Tolassian Tome
You must have Grissenda as your companion in order to receive this quest and gain access to Castle Storme. Once you enter Castle Storme, you can't leave the Castle until the quest is completed. To even start this quest, you must have completed A Warrior's Honor by giving the ring to Grissenda.