“You know how to be friendly enough to listen to local news and legends.”― In-game text
This is a Passive Skill that adds to your overall Gossip character stat. This skill is applied automatically whenever you drink at an inn. Note that if you have a companion only the highest Gossip stat tries to listen to rumors (therefore, while you might want to add the Gossip skill to either you or a companion, it is not useful to give the Gossip skill to both.)
Gossip in totality is based on:
- Points in this Gossip skill (see below)
- Personality (5% per level)
- Awareness (5% per two levels)
- Rogue bonus (10%)
- Certain Items give a boost.
This is a general skill.
|1||Gain a +5% bonus to learn rumors at inns.||1|
|2||Gain a +10% bonus to learn rumors at inns.||1|
|3||Gain a +15% bonus to learn rumors at inns.||1|
- some tales are about the world in general, for example you might hear about a trader wanting to purchase particular items
- some gossiping is about you - your deeds and misdeeds!
- others whisper about dangerous Rumor Bosses