|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Side Quest: Human Resources|
|Kill Jarbad the slaver, freeing the Varannari |
- 1 Quest Overview
- 2 Quest Steps
- 3 Detailed Walkthrough
- 4 Trait Checks
- 5 Quest Rewards
- 6 Related Quests
- 7 Notes
Quest #: 73 - Completable
Jarbad, a bounty-hunter from Mercia, has a group of criminal Varannari cornered and needs you help to finish the job. However the situation is more complicated than it initially seems. It is up to you to decide which group to support.
- Speak to Jarbad at the campsite in Eastern Inori
- Speak to Steel Thunder in the mountains in Eastern Inori
- (Option) Fight Jarbad the slaver and his men
- (Option) Fight Steel Thunder and the other Varannari
- Speak to the side you chose to support to complete the quest
- Talk to Jarbad at his campsite in Eastern Inori. He will tell you that he is a bounty-hunter from Freeport, and has cornered several criminal Varannari that he is trying to collect for a bounty. However while cornering them he has lost some men, and is unable to fight them without your help. He offers a 1500 Gold, a very large sum.
- Travel to the mountains and approach the Varannari. Steel Thunder, the leader, will suddenly shout out, rallying her men to defend against you. Here you have a chance to listen to their side of the story. They will reveal that they are innocent Varannari roaming the lands, and that the 'Impiri' seek to enslave them for money.
- Returning to Jarbad, he will confess that he is in fact a slaver and wants to take the Varannari for his own profits. Here you can choose to help him capture the Varannari to sell into slavery or you can kill him for his evil deeds.
- Choose to fight either the Varannari or Jarbad. If you return to kill the Varannari you can choose the prepare a sneak attack, which is only effective if you pass a Personality 3 check, to stun and almost kill Steel Thunder.
The following Trait checks are associated with this quest. Those marked with are mandatory for achieving certain outcomes or rewards which can not be accomplished otherwise.
|Trait Requirement||NPC / Object||Area||Description|
|Intellect 4||Jarbad||Eastern Inori||Necessary for suspecting the slavers during your first encounter and learning about the true nature of their victims right away. Otherwise you have to learn the truth from Steel Thunder. Alternative: Personality 4.|
|Personality 3||Steel Thunder||Eastern Inori||Needed to outsmart Steel Thunder and deal initial 70 damage should you decide to kill her. Otherwise your attack fails.|
|Personality 4||Jarbad||Eastern Inori||Necessary for suspecting the slavers during your first encounter and learning about the true nature of their victims right away. Otherwise you have to learn the truth from Steel Thunder. Alternative: Intellect 4.|
- 600 XP
- Varannari +8
Kill Steel Thunder and the Varannari Hunters, aiding the slavers
No directly related quests are currently known.