The Sunken Citadel is built as a puzzle, consisting of 9 levers hidden behind 9 secret doors. To unravel the secrets of the Citadel, clues to solve the intricacies of this puzzle are hidden and must be found in order to lower the magic barrier and eventually reach the Ark of Lothasan. 3 levers to be switched to proceed past the barrier: the one in northwest room, the one in northeast room and one in the eastern room.
Trips to the Citadel may be rewarded with drops of expensive armor and valuable elixirs, as well as lots of experience points but beware because the Ashen Minotaurs here are tougher than their cousins in the Maze of Lamth.
Sunken Citadel is accessed from Ashen Wastes.
There are 12 Secret Doors in this area.
No NPCs are currently known at this location.
Scrolls of Recall & Teleport, and Gate, do not work in this area.
Fixed One-Time Loot
- A Note, 3x Medipack, Strange Hood
- 24-144 Gold (100%), Elixir of Galade (100%), Potion of Mana (66.2%), Leggings of Shadows (9.3%), Tunic of the Lightning Priest (8.8%), Axe of the Depths (8.4%), Black Silk Leggings (7.9%), Ashen Gauntlets (5.8%), Maul of Terror (4%), Ashen Leggings (2.6%)
|Important sites and secrets|
|Teleporter to Maze of Lamth (Level 2) (only after defeating )|
|Barrier (deactivated by levers )|
|Teleportation from |
|Secret doors (level 21)|
|Secret doors (level 22)|
|Important NPCs and enemies|
This place was once the home of the former Minotaur Kingdom. Now what remains of their former glorious city?
- West to East, North to South, the secret rooms are in order from 1-9.
- The hints for the combination to lower the magical barrier is found in gold symbols on the floor of the citadel. I is shown partly covered in the secret room to the South-East; III is shown in a room to the West; and the last number is 6.
- When this dungeon resets, the magical barrier is turned back on and the levers are all set to OFF.