The Ancient Seal
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Companion Quest: The Ancient Seal|
|Defeat Brother Tarlus and return to Mantros: |
Hirge becomes capable of learning Advanced Skills ♦ Spirit Breaker ♦ Potion of Epic Death Ward
Quest #: 86 - Completable
Quest steps needed...
1. Your first time visiting Sanctuary of Irossia, a room to the West will be gated. Once you are level 13, and visit Fögas, Freetown, Icemist, New Garand, Nivarian, or Tower of Tremadan with Hirge as a companion, she will start a dialogue and tell you to go there.
3. At the entrance to Forbidden Pit, Brother Tarlus will confirm the seal is fading. Hirge will reveal that she is a princess and the daughter of Simarie, Queen of Nivarian and progenitor of Nivaria. Hirge needs to sacrifice herself to renew the seal.
4. After going further into the Pit, and this will be a truly long, long path, you will find a room with Brother Tarlus, four monks (13), and a ranged witch (14). Once you go within range of Tarlus, a barrier will appear, preventing you from leaving the room. Teleportation is also disabled in the Forbidden Pit, so make sure you're ready for the fight.
5. You will be dealt heavy poison damage unless you pass a Personality 3 check, which will negate some of the damage; or an Awareness 4 check, which negates all of the damage. Though the monks are essentially on opposite sides of the room, if you are not careful, they will swarm and stun you quickly, so Stun Immunity is useful.
6. Return to Mantros, who will give you experience. Since the monks lied and the seal was intact, Hirge will not die. Hirge will also be able to train Duel, Heavyhand, Retribution, Spiritual Ward, and Death Ward.
7. This quest will allow access to the rest of the Forbidden Pit.
The following Trait checks are associated with this quest. Those marked with are mandatory for achieving certain outcomes or rewards which can not be accomplished otherwise.
|Trait Requirement||NPC / Object||Area||Description|
|Awareness 4||Brother Tarlus||Forbidden Pit||Required to become aware of the monk's ambush and avoid taking 90 Toxic damage. Alternative: Personality 3.|
|Intellect 5||Brother Tarlus||Forbidden Pit||Mandatory for learning some important things about the Three, thus gaining 500 XP.|
|Personality 3||Brother Tarlus||Forbidden Pit||Required to become aware of the monk's ambush and reduce the Toxic damage from 90 to 45. Alternative: Awareness 4.|
Defeat Brother Tarlus and return to Mantros:
No directly related quests are currently known.