The Ark of Lothasan
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Main Quest: The Ark of Lothasan|
|Tower of Tremadan|
|Upon completion: |
61,500 XP ♦
For convincing the Magister to destroy the Deep Gate:
|The Shards of Fate|
Quest #: 68 - Completable
Completing the Ark quest involves completing the main story arc of Exiled Kingdoms.
- Complete quest The Shards of Fate
- Wait for the arrival of a magical letter
- Talk to Ghostly Figure in Tremadan's Tower
- Talk to Captain Dorse in Friguld
- Move across Dragon Coast, Southern Dragon Mountains, Ashen Wastes and Sunken Citadel until gain acces to the Ark
- Find Blue, Red and Orange Key Cards
- Talk to the Oracle
- Activate the Reactor in lower deck
- Go back to the Oracle
- Find Green Card
- (Optional) Acquire Data Pad
- Enter Elevator to the upper deck
- (Optional) Find Pointy Tool
- (Optional) Rescue Amarisa
- Find Password and Control Module
- Enter Command Bridge
- The Ark of Lothasan automatically starts after completing The Shards of Fate quest.
Reaching the Ark
- A few in-game days after completing the The Shards of Fate quest you receive a magical letter requesting you talk to Tremadan's Ghostly Figure at the Tower of Tremadan as soon as possible. (There is no in-game time limit on when you talk to him).
- When you return to talk to the Ghostly Figure, you can pass an Intellect 5 or Personality 6 check to learn about your true heritage. Having found out the truth of archmage blood from the Undermother should also work to prompt the Ghostly Figure to tell you the truth of your heritage. Passing an Intellect 2 trait check will reveal more details about how to find the Ark.
- Travel to Friguld and talk to Captain Dorse by the docks. He'll take you to Dragon Coast.
- On the Dragon Coast you will be confronted by sir Valeran, a Forsaken member. How you resolve the interaction with Valeran greatly impacts the ending of the game. NOTE: Fighting and killing Valeran will prevent you from accessing the EVIL ENDING of the game, prevent his presence in the final debate, and prevent him from helping you in the final optional fight.
- If you choose to fight Valeran, it doesn't matter how you trigger the fight. Either be polite to him at first, choose an aggressive option or lie to him. All result in a fight.
- To continue the conversation with Valeran, choose the dialogue option to be remain on your guard.
- For the EVIL ENDING of the game, you must know your true heritage. Tell Valeran you want to talk to the Magister, and truthfully tell him you want to join the Forsaken. This will lock you into the path to the EVIL ENDING of the game. Valeran will leave you to brave the wastelands to prove your strength. He departs.
- For the other endings of the game, you can pass a Personality 3, Intellect 2, and Personality 5 trait check for more obvious dialogue options to let Valeran leave without a fight. Otherwise you can make statements that cast doubt on the Magister's plan. You can also simply flee off the map to avoid killing Valeran. Note: You can still get the GOOD ENDING if you kill Valeran, but you won't be able to get the peaceful ending if you kill him.
- The area to the south is the Southern Dragon Mountains. It's guarded by Zealots, enemies that burst into flames when killed. On the map you can rest at a camp to the south, or explore Bappasalar Cave for equipment that can aid your journey (such as the Strange Hood).
- After the Southern Dragon Mountains, you will enter the Ashen Wastes. Here balls of radiation float around. They will cause serious damage if they hit you. Wearing equipment that has the Anti-rad Armor attribute will greatly reduce the damage.
- On the south side of the Ashen Wastes, you'll find the entrance to the Sunken Citadel. Inside the Sunken Citadel, you can find a second Strange Hood behind a secret door, and equipment and potions that will help you in the upcoming Ark.
- Optionally, you can defeat The Underking to unlock a short cut between Northern Inori and the Sunken Citadel.
Quick Reference to Keycards BLUE = Authentication, RED = Validation, ORANGE = Confirmation, GREEN = Clearance.
- The BLUE Keycard (Authentication) is located on a corpse in the third room on the eastern corridor.
- The RED Keycard (Validation) is located in a chest behind a secret door on the south side on the western corridor.
- The ORANGE Keycard (Confirmation) is located on a corpse in the computer room north of the first Medical Bay.
- The GREEN Keycard (Clearance) is located on a corpse near the reactor on the reactor level.
- Note: Each attempt to unlock a security barrier requires a small ancient battery. An incorrect keycard entry results in shock damage to the player.
Getting the Keycards
- After the Sunken Citadel, you reach the Ark. In the foyer you'll find a barrier that prevents your Companion from following you. From here on, it's just you.
- You need to acquire four color-coded keycards to gain full access to the Ark. You'll also need to acquire small Ancient Batterys and Large Batterys. The four keys are hidden around the Ark. See above for a quick reference guide. Small and large batteries are found as loot drops from enemies and chests. In addition, a machine in the north-east corner of the first floor of the Ark will convert 5 ancient batteries into a single large battery.
- Get the Blue and Red keycards from their perspective locations.
- Use the Blue and Red keycards, in that order, to unlock the light barrier the middle of the Ark (You'll need to interact with the small podium console next to the barrier). A corpse along the south wall of the ark has a Handwritten Note for an in-game hint that says "I don't think red goes first...". That tip is the in-game method of teaching you the correlation between the color of the keycard in the noun name requested by the security consoles.
- If you choose to join the Forsaken, Valeran will met you in the Medical Bay in the center of the map. He'll update you on the situation in the Ark. Namely the robots are out of control and there's something going on with the Emergency Reactor. If you killed Valeran or didn't choose to join the Forsaken, no one will met you in the Medical Bay.
- Obtain the Orange Keycard from the corpse in the computer room just north of the Medical Bay.
- Interact with the console on the northernmost row of computers. If you found out about the Emergency Reactor from Valeran, you can research the topic and learn the password, SCOTTY, to the reactor level.
- Use the Red, Orange, Blue keycards, in that order, to unlock the red security barriers on the southeast corner of the ark. Note, you can run through the red barriers, but will get hit with severe shock damage that will kill most players in a few hits.
- Use the Orange and Blue keycards, in that order, to unlock the security barrier on the northeast corner of the Ark.
- Go upstairs to reach a small section of the Ark of Lothasan (Upper_Deck). If you chose to join the Forsaken, a blue barrier will present you from exploring further. Otherwise, you can use a large battery to talk to the Oracle. It will tell you need to turn on the emergency reactor in the reactor level of the Ark of Lothasan (Reactor). The Oracle will give you the password, SCOTTY, to the reactor level.
- Go downstairs to the Ark of Lothasan (Reactor). Use the SCOTTY password to unlock the barrier.
- If you choose to join Forsaken, you'll find Amarisa by the emergency reactor in a large room near the center of the map. She knows your decision and attacks you.
- Interact with the console for the reactor and do one of the following two things: If you choose to join the Forsaken, you'll have to smash the reactor. That will cause a leak to deal 350 toxic damage to you, and a Battle Droid to appear. Passing an Intellect 4 check will allow you to safely disable the reactor using a large battery. Alternatively, if you did NOT choose to join the Forsaken, attaching a large battery will get the reactor up and running.
- Collect the Green Keycard from the skeleton in the reactor room.
- Get to the Elevator
- If you did NOT choose to join the Forsaken, return to the Oracle. Ask him about the Horrors to learn about Dimensional Parasites. Pass an Intellect 1 check to gain a Skill Point for explaining magic to the Oracle. The Oracle will direct you to find a Control Module and insert into the Main Computer on the Command Bridge. If you chose to join the Forsaken, you won't be able to access the Oracle.
- Return to the computer room on the main floor of the Ark.
- Use the Blue, Red, Green, Orange, in that order, to unlock the last security door located in the computer room. All four keycards will be consumed by the last console. They are removed from your inventory.
- If you did NOT choose to join the forsaken, access the library via the Console on the back row of computers. You can now research Dimension Parasites. Passing an Intellect 2 check will allow you to obtain a Data Pad, an optional item for the final debate.
- Make your way to the elevator guarded by the Battle Droid.
The Final Area
- Going up in the elevator will trigger an auto-save. You can neither save nor teleport after entering the elevator. If you die (or reload) you'll spawn standing before the elevator.
- Take the elevator to the main area of the Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck). Once there, you use the elevator to flee at anytime. However, fleeing will give you the BAD ENDING.
- If you chose to join the Forsaken, the Magister will greet you as you exit the elevator. He'll instruct you to kill Lady Calenda, who is in a room to the southeast.
- If you did NOT choose to join the Forsaken, no one will greet you as you exit the elevator.
- The lone normal doorway in the room by the elevator is trapped. Going through it will result in an ambush. There's a secret door in the room with the elevator that lets you bypass the ambush.
- The Pointy Tool can be found in a chest behind a secret door in the northwest corner of the area.
- Optional (but required for some endings): Passing an Awareness 5 trait check at the Medical Bay terminal with the Pointy Tool will provide you information about immortality.
- If you did NOT choose to join the Forsaken, you'll find Amarisa in in a cell to the northwest. The console to free her is hidden behind a nearby secret door.
- You can instruct Amarisa to flee the Ark by herself, flee with her, or have her join you. If she dies, she permanently dies. If you flee with her, you trigger the BAD ENDING. You can clear out enemies than come back for her to ensure she's alive for the final debate / final fight.
- A podium and an unusual chest are located behind a secret door to the southwest. The podium contains the password, Noutamet, to access the Command Bridge. The chest contains the Control Module (if you chose to join the Forsaken, the chest is empty).
- If you chose to join the Forsaken, you can find Lady Calenda and two other Forsaken in a room to the southwest. If you did NOT choose to join the Forsaken, Lady Caldenda will not be in the room (she will be found at the debate).
- Once you enter the Command Bridge, a barrier appears that prevents you from leaving.
- Proceed fully into the room. There the Forsaken have gathered to discuss the next step of their plan.
- If you chose to join the Forsaken (and have already killed Lady Calenda), you immediately follow the Forsaken through the Deep Gate. The game ends with the EVIL ENDING sequence.
- If you did NOT choose to join the Forsken, a debate will start. The outcome of the debate will determine the ending of the game. See below to review Debate Scoring.
- After winning the fight, or peacefully winning the debate, insert the Control Module into the Main Computer. The game ends with the GOOD ENDING sequence.
How the Final Debate is Scored:
- Starting the debate by speaking politely via “It will be my greatest pleasure to take part in your debate…”: +1
- Sir Valeran is there (you did not kill him): +1
- Having the Data Pad in your inventory and showing it to the group: +2
- Passing an Intellect 5 trait check: +1
- Knowing the truth of your heritage and stating "I’m as Muud’ari as you are…”: +1
- Passing a Personality 5 trait check: +1
- Knowing immortality is flawed and sharing that information with the group: +3
- "This 'creature' is tired of your games...": -1
- "I admit I am not sure whether they are real or not.": -1
- "You are putting too much faith in old texts...": -1
- "I am a mere human being that tries to save his own people...": -1
- Choosing any of the Attack Dialogue options will result in a massive fight between you and all the Forsaken, a nearly impossible fight.
Based on your Debate Score, one of the outcomes will occur:
- Debate Score of 0 to 3: The Forsaken will cross the Deep Gate and you'll have to fight the Horror.
- Debate Score of 4 to 8: You win the debate, but the Magister crosses the Deep Gate anyway. Lady Calenda will help you fight the Horror. If Sir Valeran is present at the debate, he will help fight the Horror.
- Debate Score of 9 to 10: You unanimously win the debate, including convincing the Magister. No one enters the Deep Gate. No Horror appears.
- GOOD ENDING: "You run out of the Ark in time to see the Escape Pod taking off at incredible speed. An explosion brighter than the sun marks the destruction of the Deep Gate, and your victory. Congratulations, you saved the world!"
- BAD ENDING: "Only a few days later, you realize your quest failed and humanity is doomed. One town is destroyed after another, and finally there is nowhere to run; you lose your life in a valiant last stand against the Horros.
- EVIL ENDING: "You travel through the Deep Gate, after the promise of eternal life and endless adventures in a new world; but that is a story yet to be told. Maybe one the nightmares of a dying world world consumed by the Horrors will go away....."
- Note: Fighting the horror, or peacefully winning the debate results in the same ending sequence.
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 1
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 2
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 3
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 4
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 5
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 6
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 7
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 8 (Bad Ending)
- Exiled Kingdoms Quest Walkthrough - The Ark of Lothasan Part 9 (Good Ending)
The following Trait checks are associated with this quest. Those marked with are mandatory for achieving certain outcomes or rewards which can not be accomplished otherwise.
|Trait Requirement||NPC / Object||Area||Description|
|Agility 7||Lady Calenda||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Only when joining the Forsaken: Needed for dealing 200 initial damage to Lady Calenda, making the subsequent fight a bit easier.|
|Awareness 2||Console||Ark of Lothasan||Necessary for learning about the Oracle when searching the library console, thus gaining 2,500 + 1,000 XP.|
|Awareness 5||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for opening the medical console and learning about life extension, thus gaining 8,000 XP. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game.|
|Intellect 2||Console||Ark of Lothasan||Necessary for obtaining the Data Pad from the library console. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game.|
|Intellect 2||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Needed for obtaining an optional hint on where to head next in the quest.|
|Intellect 3||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Provides a quicker dialogue option toward a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Note: Only available after passing a preceding Personality 3 check.|
|Intellect 3||Oracle||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Necessary for teaching the Oracle the true nature of magic, thus gaining 1 additional Skill point.|
|Intellect 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Only when joining the Forsaken: Required to destroy the reactor without taking harm, thus gaining 2,000 XP. Otherwise you receive 350 Toxic damage and have to fight a Battle Droid. Note: Only available when having a Large Battery in your inventory.|
|Intellect 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Needed for obtaining the Force Belt from the vending machine. Alternative: Strength 4.|
|Intellect 5||Magister||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for being convincing during the final debate with the Forsaken Council. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game. Alternative: Personality 5.|
|Intellect 5||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Mandatory for learning the truth about your ancestry, thus being able to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Personality 6 or learning the truth from The Undermother by killing Zuz'sare during The Prodigal Daughter.|
|Personality 3||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Required to achieve a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Otherwise you have to fight him and he will not assist you in the final battle. Alternative: Personality 5 (only when knowing the truth about your ancestry).|
|Personality 5||Valeran||Dragon Coast||When knowing the truth about your ancestry: Required to achieve a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran without having to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Personality 3.|
|Personality 5||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Provides a more obvious dialogue option toward a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Note: Only available after passing a preceding Personality 3 check.|
|Personality 5||Magister||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for being convincing during the final debate with the Forsaken Council. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game. Alternative: Intellect 5.|
|Personality 6||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Mandatory for learning the truth about your ancestry, thus being able to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Intellect 5 or learning the truth from The Undermother by killing Zuz'sare during The Prodigal Daughter.|
|Strength 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Needed for obtaining the Force Belt from the vending machine. Alternative: Intellect 4.|
For completing The Ark of Lothasan:
- 61,500 XP
For convincing the Magister to destroy the Deep Gate:
- If you use the Ark's medical facilities or travel in the elevator, the auto-save slot will be used. This is the same save-game slot that is used whenever you sleep at an inn.
- Steel Spiders and Steel Wizards are weak against shock damage. Both can stun. Steel Wizards exclusively deal shock damage. Steel Spiders only do physical damage. This make shock damage and shock resistance important. Stun immunity and spirit resistance is very useful.
- You can use trait bonuses from equipment to pass any of the trait checks in quest, including trait checks in the final debate. Such items must be equipped prior to starting the debate as you will not have a break in the dialogue to swap equipment.
- If you're having trouble remembering, the card colors match their names in alphabetical order. Blue = Authentication; Green = Clearance; Orange = Confirmation; Red = Validation.