The Ark of Lothasan
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Main Quest: The Ark of Lothasan|
|Tower of Tremadan|
|Upon completion: |
61,500 XP ♦ Magister Pendant
|The Shards of Fate|
The Ark of Lothasan is a quest given to you by Ghostly Figure at Tower of Tremadan.
Quest #: 68 - Completable
The Ark of Lothasan quest is given by Ghostly Figure in the Tower of Tremadan. A few days after completing The Shards of Fate the game will alert you that Tremadan's Ghostly Figure has discovered new information and that you should return to the Tower of Tremadan as soon as possible.
This conversation with Ghostly Figure is your only chance to learn about your true heritage by passing an Intellect 4 check. Additionally, you can pass an Intellect 2 check to learn more about how to find the Ark, through Captain Dorse in Friguld.
Completing the Ark quest involves completing the main story arc of Exiled Kingdoms.
- Find Blue, Red and Orange Key Cards
- Talk to the Oracle
- Activate the Reactor in lower deck
- Go back to the Oracle
- Find Green Card
- (Optional) Acquire Data Pad
- Enter Elevator to the upper deck
- (Optional) Find Pointy Tool
- (Optional) Rescue Amarisa
- Find Password and Control Module
- Enter Command Bridge
Tower of Tremadan ➔ Friguld ➔ Dragon Coast ➔ Sunken Citadel ➔ Ashen Cape ➔ Ark of Lothasan ➔ Ark of Lothasan (Reactor) ➔ Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)
- Once inside the Ark, you need to pass a security barrier that allows entrance to your character only, meaning in order to proceed, your companion is sent back home . Your initial enemies will be Steel Spider and Steel Wizard. At first your main goal will be to collect four colored key cards (Blue, Red, Orange, Green). There are 4 computer terminals that require entering these cards in the proper sequence (each terminal requiring a small Ancient Battery to power the terminal). If the correct card sequence is entered, a barrier is lowered. If the sequence is entered incorrectly, you receive a shock and take lightning damage.
- The first card you will be able to find is Blue. It’s in a corpse on the floor of the third room in the eastern corridor. At the end of this same corridor, in the northeast corner, there’s a machine which can convert 5 small batteries into 1 large battery. You need at least 2 large batteries to complete the main quest, meaning you have to collect at least 10 small batteries from loots or crates and convert them into their larger versions. Rarely, a crate or enemy may drop a large battery. Once in possession of the Blue Keycard, head west until you reach a room blocked by a barrier, which is the entrance to the western corridor. In this room you will first encounter machine racks, which rebuilds machine creatures upon destruction, after a period of time. Access the computer terminal and it will require the sequence: Authentication. Insert the Blue Keycard to lower the barrier. There is a secret door in the southern part of this hallway, in which the Red Keycard can be found. Now go back and access the computer next to the remaining barrier. It will require the sequence: Authentication, Validation. Insert Blue Keycard and then the Red Keycard. In a room that appears to have long rows of computer servers, you will find the Orange Keycard in a corpse on floor. Now proceed towards the northwest corner of the level where there is a barrier that can be unlocked with the sequence: Validation, Confirmation, Authentication. Insert the Red, Orange and then Blue Keycard. Continue past the lowered barrier where you will find two staircases. Head upstairs .
- When you find the Oracle upstairs, use a large battery. Interact with the Oracle and he tells you that the Ark is actually a Space Ship manned by an alien race called Muud’ari that crashed on this planet a long time ago. He also informs you that recent intruders opened a dimensional wormhole which he fears may destroy the Ark. However, since the wormhole is located in an Escape Pod, he plans to detach the Pod from the ship sending it towards the space, but to do so requires your help to activate the Ark’s Emergency Reactor in the lower deck. He warns you that this task requires one large battery and gives you the password to access the Reactor floor.
- From the upper level, take the downstairs twice until you reach the reactor level. This floor is contaminated with radiation so use appropriate anti-rad protection. Use the password given to you by the Oracle to lower the barrier. Find the reactor, a large yellow machine, and activate it using a large battery. In the reactor room you will also find the Green Keycard in a corpse on the floor. Return to the Oracle. This time he sends you to the upper deck to retrieve the Control Module and insert it back in the Main Computer in the Command Bridge. If you pass an Intellect check you are granted +1 skill point.
- Go back to the room with rows of computers on the first floor. The last barrier, that gives access to the elevator, will require one final sequence. Once all of the barriers have been lowered, the cards will be removed from your inventory. -- (Optionally) -- in this same room, you will encounter a terminal that appears to be dim. If if's fed a battery, it will come to life and display info about the existence of the Horrors, Dimensional Parasites capable of devastating planets that are released whenever a wormhole is opened. If you pass an Intellect 2 check, the terminal will spit out a Data Pad with info on it.
- Once you go up the elevator your game will automatically be saved, loading that save will put you before having used the elevator. From this point on scrolls of recall won't work and going back down the elevator will result in a bad ending. You either have to complete the quest... or die trying. You may have to restore a previously saved game.
- In the beginning of the upper level, there’s a trap set on floor that can be bypassed by finding a secret passage. -- (Optionally) -- in northwest, you will find a Pointy Tool in a secret room. If in possession of the Pointy Tool and you access the medical bay terminal and pass an Awareness 5 check, you will learn that achieving immortality also comes with side effects. -- (Optionally) -- in the northeast, you will find Amarisa trapped in a cell. There’s a secret door in the wall behind her where you can activate a terminal that releases her. Once she is free, you will have to choose: to send her back home, run away together, or have her join you. You may free her any time before entering Command Bridge.
- Access to the Command Bridge is granted by a password, found on a document hidden in a secret room towards the southwest. In this room there is also a chest that contains the Control Module. Once you enter the Command Bridge, a barrier will be materialize behind you preventing you from leaving. Proceed fully into the room and you will find the members of the Forsaken have gathered. They’re actually descendants of the Muud’ari who survived the Ark’s fall and are debating if they should enter the wormhole to return to their world Notunamet where it's said they could achieve immortality. A debate will begin...
- The debate has a series of possible answers that add or remove from a “score”
- speaking politely “It will be my greatest pleasure to take part in your debate…” +1
- sir Valeran is there +1
- show Data Pad. +2
- pass INT 5 check +1
- know that you are Muud'ari and say so “I’m as Muud’ari as you are…” +1
- pass PER 5 check +1
- prove immortality is flawed (info acquired using Pointy Tool in Medical Bay) +3
- "This 'creature' is tired of your games..." -1
- "I admit I am not sure wether they are real or not." -1
- "You are putting too much faith in old texts..." -1
- "I am a mere human being that tries to save his own people..." -1
- Dialogue options “I don’t care, you’re all gonna die now. (Attack)” or “I am your death (Attack)” will pick a fight with the whole Forsaken.
- Depending on your score you will receive different outcomes.
- By achieving a score of 1-3, the Forsaken will cross the wormhole releasing the Horror which you have to fight against. You may receive Amarisa’s aid If you freed her and didn’t send her away.
- By achieving a score of 4-8 you win the debate. If so, the Magister will betrayal the vote of the council and cross the wormhole releasing the Horror anyway, but Lady Calenda will help you in fight. If Sir Valeran is alive, he will help you too.
- By achieving a score of 9-10, you also convince the Magister. This way, the Forsaken agree to part ways forever, never speaking of their ancient origins and mixing once more with humans. the wormhole remains sealed and you don't get to fight the Horror
- Good Ending: after defeating the Horror or winning the Magister’s favor, insert the Control Module in Main Computer triggering the launching sequece. You run out of the Ark in time to see the Escape Pod taking off at incredible speed. An explosion brighter than the sun marks the destruction of the Deep Gate, and you victory. Congratulations, you saved the wolrd!
- Bad Ending: Flee using the elevator or choose to flee with Amarisa. You discover the Horrors are real and now they feast on this damned world.
- Evil Ending: it requires, beforehand, to have chosen to kill the Flame Prophet in Prodigal Daughter quest and have passed an Int 5 check in Tower of Tremadan in order to acquire info on your Muud’ari lineage being your Archmage grandfather an ex Forsaken member himself. It will add a new dialogue option with Sir Valeran in Dragon Coast and during the debate dialogue you will be given the option to join the Forsaken.
The following Trait checks are associated with this quest. Those marked with are mandatory for achieving certain outcomes or rewards which can not be accomplished otherwise.
|Trait Requirement||NPC / Object||Area||Description|
|Agility 7||Lady Calenda||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Only when joining the Forsaken: Needed for dealing 200 initial damage to Lady Calenda, making the subsequent fight a bit easier.|
|Awareness 2||Console||Ark of Lothasan||Necessary for learning about the Oracle when searching the library console, thus gaining 2,500 + 1,000 XP.|
|Awareness 5||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for opening the medical console and learning about life extension (immortality), thus gaining 8,000 XP. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game. Without passing this check it is impossible to score high enough on the debate with the Forsaken to avoid fighting the Horror|
|Intellect 2||Console||Ark of Lothasan||Necessary for obtaining the Data Pad from the library console. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game.|
|Intellect 2||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Needed for obtaining an optional hint on where to head next in the quest.|
|Intellect 3||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Provides a quicker dialogue option toward a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Note: Only available after passing a preceding Personality 3 check.|
|Intellect 3||Oracle||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Necessary for teaching the Oracle the true nature of magic, thus gaining 1 additional Skill point.|
|Intellect 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Only when joining the Forsaken: Required to destroy the reactor without taking harm, thus gaining 2,000 XP. Otherwise you receive 350 Toxic damage and have to fight a Battle Droid. Note: Only available when having a Large Battery in your inventory.|
|Intellect 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Needed for obtaining the Force Belt from the vending machine. Alternative: Strength 4.|
|Intellect 5||Magister||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for being convincing during the final debate with the Forsaken Council. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game. Alternative: Personality 5.|
|Intellect 5||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Mandatory for learning the truth about your ancestry, thus being able to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Personality 6 or learning the truth from The Undermother by killing Zuz'sare during The Prodigal Daughter.|
|Personality 3||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Required to achieve a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Otherwise you have to fight him and he will not assist you in the final battle. Alternative: Personality 5 (only when knowing the truth about your ancestry).|
|Personality 5||Valeran||Dragon Coast||When knowing the truth about your ancestry: Required to achieve a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran without having to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Personality 3.|
|Personality 5||Valeran||Dragon Coast||Provides a more obvious dialogue option toward a peaceful outcome during your first encounter with Valeran. Note: Only available after passing a preceding Personality 3 check.|
|Personality 5||Magister||Ark of Lothasan (Upper Deck)||Mandatory for being convincing during the final debate with the Forsaken Council. This is one piece of a puzzle toward a peaceful ending of the game. Alternative: Intellect 5.|
|Personality 6||Ghostly Figure||Tower of Tremadan||Mandatory for learning the truth about your ancestry, thus being able to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Intellect 5 or learning the truth from The Undermother by killing Zuz'sare during The Prodigal Daughter.|
|Strength 4||Console||Ark of Lothasan (Reactor)||Needed for obtaining the Force Belt from the vending machine. Alternative: Intellect 4.|
For completing The Ark of Lothasan:
- 61,500 XP
- Magister Pendant
- If you use the Ark's medical facilities or travel in the elevator, the auto-save slot will be used. This is the same save-game slot that is used whenever you sleep at an inn.
- It's highly recommended to use weapons that deal lightning damage and to bring protection against lightning damage and spirit effects.
- There are items that are especially helpful in order to fulfill the Trait checks in the Forsaken Council's debate: Crown of Galade (+2 Intellect), Bishop Ring (+2 Personality), Goggled Helmet (+2 Awareness). These items must be equipped before the debate dialogue begins in order to influence the debate.
- Goggled Helmet (+2 Awareness) may also help pass the Trait check necessary to use the Pointy Tool in the Medical Bay.
Blue Keycard -- Authentication Red Keycard -- Validation Orange Keycard -- Confirmation Green Keycard -- Clearance