Where Did I Put My Sword...
|Exiled Kingdoms: Quests|
|Story ♦ Companion ♦ Guild ♦ Side ♦ Town Hall|
|Side Quest: Where Did I Put My Sword...|
|New Garand (City)|
|Sir Andrew Mason|
|Return sword: |
600 gold ♦ 400 XP
|A Mysterious Letter ♦ Three versus Eleven|
Quest #: 19 - Completable
Sir Andrew Mason, a New Garand noble, is unable to attend court due to the shame of losing his sword.
- Speak with Sir Andrew Mason near the New Garand's Temple.
- Agree to find Sir Mason's Longsword.
- Search the New Garand Sewers (open after events in A Mysterious Letter).
- Find the blade guarded by Ghouls.
- Return the blade to Sir Mason.
You can find Sir Andrew Mason near the Imperial Temple in southern New Garand. After spending a night with a lady, he lost his sword when her house was robbed by bandits. He only knows that it was gone when he woke up. Apparently the thieves had been chased by a guard but somehow they managed to just disappear. He will pay you handsomely if you can return his sword to him.
If the thieves are not operating in the streets, there is a good chance they were able to 'disappear' by going down into the New Garand Sewers. There is a nearby entrance to the sewers that can be used, but this would force you to fight your way through the sewers. Instead, head to the western part of the town, and then south towards the Great Library. Here you will find another set of stairs that will take you down to the waterfront. There you can find an entrance leading to the sewers. Directly in front of you will be a couple of Rats, easily taken care of. As you reach the corner of the path, you will be attacked by a swarm of various rats. Any area effect attacks you have will come in handy. Going north will take you through the rest of the sewers, but for now, you will want to go east across the causeway. Here you will find a large group of Ghouls. Dispatch them as you will, but beware, the rats behind you will respawn after awhile. In the area the ghouls were guarding, you will find a corpse in the northwest corner. It seems thieves are not the only dangerous things down in the sewers. This corpse holds Sir Mason's sword. Return to the surface, and head back to the Temple.
Sir Mason is relieved you were able to find his sword, and promises to be more careful with it in the future, now that he fully understands what not having it entails. You lose the sword but get 600 gold and 400 experience.
- 600 gold
- 400 XP
- When accepting this quest, there will be a Level 1 Intellect check. If you pass, you will be able to extort him for information regarding the location of the Magistrate's house during the quest A Mysterious Letter.
- After returning the sword, Sir Andrew Mason will be willing to sign the petition required for Three versus Eleven.
- While there is nothing special about the sword, being equivalent to a Bluesteel Longsword, if you want to use it, you can keep it until you decide to turn in the quest.